Sign in to follow this  
FT.Monmouth1943

Jacket Microphone and Misc.

Just picked these items up today. The jacket appears to be Navy but I'm not sure about that and I don't know what era it's from. The tag on the inside has a name on it which I believe is J Miller. The ribbons and tapes were cheap so I figured I'd pick them up, and I also got what I believe is a WWII microphone that is in really good condition. If anyone knows more about it I'd be very interested. Last are the desert boots. They have definitely been used, and what caught my eye was the red dog tag. It has the name J. S. Mayeux on it as well as his SSN which I've blacked out. All comments are welcome.

Nice stuff. The jacket looks to be for a Fire Department Chief.Military uniform do not have two rows of breast buttons.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

Your "microphone" is actually the speaker that goes with the SCR-625 mine detector set.

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Pre-WW2 Navy dress uniforms had two rows of eight buttons. Post a close-up photo of one of the buttons when you get a chance.

Always looking for Chief's anchors, old and or odd rating badges.

Also looking for U.S.S General W.P. Richardson (AP-118) Photo's etc...

Pre-WW2 Navy dress uniforms had two rows of eight buttons. Post a close-up photo of one of the buttons when you get a chance.

Forgot about that. Still looks FD. The stripes look to high for Navy and no Branch above the stripes. Could be foreign navy?

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

Firefighter, not sure if it's FD. The jacket looks the same as ones I've seen on the Internet, it's just that the buttons have an anchor on them. Also, I don't think its foreign because the jacket was made in Philedelphia, but you never know. If it's not pre-WWII like what Dan suggested, it may be just some civilian merchants or sailors jacket.

robinb, thanks for the info on the speaker! I actually have the mine detector set this would go with so now it'll be a little more complete!post-134998-0-92152100-1439227993.jpg

Nice find!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Forum Member #1691 since September 2007

Served in the US Army from 1960-80

First Sergeant (Retired)

Vietnam 1967 with 7-15th FA ~ [8"/175mm Gun] First Field Forces

Vietnam 1968 with 1-30th FA ~ [155mm] 1st Cavalry Division [AIRMOBILE]

President & Historian 30th FA Regiment Association ( WWW.HardChargers.Com )

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 30th Field Artillery Regiment in 2018

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.