Mosquitoes and Cookies

svenfromsweden

svenfromsweden

Hi everyone.

The need has promoted an unlikely combination during WW2, a small plane and a heavyweight bomb. We are talking of dH Mosquito and blockbuster bombs used by the Royal Air Force. The link below provides an interesting collection of photos, some of which I had never seen before, this unusual combination. It is worth visiting and I hope you enjoy.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/mosquitos-e-as-bombas-de-4000-libras.html

Best Regards,

Sven

General Apathy

Hi everyone.

The need has promoted an unlikely combination during WW2, a small plane and a heavyweight bomb. We are talking of dH Mosquito and blockbuster bombs used by the Royal Air Force. The link below provides an interesting collection of photos, some of which I had never seen before, this unusual combination. It is worth visiting and I hope you enjoy.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/02/mosquitos-e-as-bombas-de-4000-libras.html

Best Regards,

Sven

Hi Sven, many thanks for the link and photo's, only three days ago I was at the Mosquito museum just outside London were they have three different examples of Mosquito. They were busy working on all the exhibits as I think November 18 2015 is the seventieth anniversary.

An outstanding aircraft for WWII built almost entirely of wood, plywood, and balsa, fantastic performance all round in terms of speed, carrying capacity etc.

Regards Lewis

General Apathy

post-344-0-84730700-1439553158.jpg

Mosquito museum . . . . . . . . . . .

Last week I had the opportunity along with friends to visit the Mosquito museum at Salisbury Hall, London Colney, Hertfordshire, AL2 1BU, United Kingdom. They have three surviving models of Mosquito aircraft including the earliest example in the world. This autumn I believe is the 75th anniversary of it's first flight.

The mosquito is a very interesting aircraft as it was basically a wooden aircraft at a time when all other aircraft were of metal construction.

There are many other interesting exhibits including a great portion of an Airspeed Horsa glider, which was especially interesting for me as they were used by both British and American forces here in Normandy on D-Day.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 14 2015.