Please help me ID these ratings

Matt-M

Hello, all.

Forgive me if these are a "no brainer" for you guys, but these are all unknown to me and I'm having trouble finding anything close in my internet searches. Many thanks!

Mattpost-5618-0-31648000-1438999711.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics, still trying to figure how to resize without losing resolution.post-5618-0-25051600-1439000083.jpg

Hi! Thank you, Bearmon. I should have clarified my question a bit more. I have seen the specialties before, but not in these color combinations. The tan, red and green is usually associated, to my knowledge, with the Marine Corps, and have only seen this color combination with the Pharmacist Rating. I have never seen it with the radioman specialty included in the rating, only as a cuff striker, nor have I seen this specialty in USMC dress green wool as pictured above. I am seeing these as Navy ratings, but in USMC colors, but I am unaware of any USMC personel ever wearing these. The red boatswain's CPO rating throws me completely, as I have never seen any rating in red. Any ideas?

Chief Boatswains mate on red is NOT USN. they are civilian versions for use on lady's Middie blouses. The Green Coxwain(BM3 in post 1948) and Radioman 1/c are for wear on Marine uniforms. This was for those CBs that wore Marine Uniforms. At this time, I cannot tell you which units they were. Remember, CB units required non CB rates to preform support missions

Great answer from sigsaye. Just to add, boatswain's mate/coxswain were very common rates in Seabee stevedore units, where they rigged and operated cranes, winches etc. for unloading cargo.

There was recently a good article about Seabees embedded with Marine units in "Naval History" magazine:

http://www.usni.org/magazines/navalhistory/2015-06/seabee-service-marines

Justin B.

The Bm3 is pre 1948 , probably ww2 era. I would say the radioman is ww2 era also.

Jason

. Jason, you are absolutely correct, and what I MEANT to say. ?. That's why I referred to it as Coxwain. ???

Salvage Sailor

That may be the dress version for this authentic WWI Naval Enlisted Pilot's jumper

Rare- WWI -US Navy- Vintage Pilot Red Wool CPO Uniform w/Patch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-WWI-US-Navy-Vintage-Pilot-Red-Wool-CPO-Uniform-w-Patch-/381357585116?hash=item58caaef2dc

Red Middie Jumper.JPG

I used to have a red Middie like the one shown above, but mine had a Chief Quartermasters rating badge I believe plus one hash mark.