Lets see your EGA displays!

stucky151

ViewfinderGyrene

Definatey a different finish to them. Makes them easy to identify Korean War Era. I dig the gun metal finish on them too.

Interesting, because the Marine who was issued the blouse didn't serve past '46. Guess these were put on postwar, either by him or by someone else...

Sorry to get off the track of this thread, excellent displays!

• 1 year later...

Not really a display as they are really just put in the case and not sorted very well. This is my second attempt at a collections as i sold the last one and started again fresh.

post-8016-0-73755700-1482654018_thumb.jpg

I bought a bag of about 40 at an antique store here in Anchorage and have horse traded for a few and the rest came from EBay and garage sales. It's taken 3 years but it's getting there, nothing like my old collection, it had a lot more officer pieces.

Over time i may be able to rebuild it back to its former self.

Thanks,

Brig...

In this thread, on post #4, in the bottom photograph to the right hand side, I see on plate holders what appear to be 2 discs (?) with EGA...

What was/is the function/purpose of these "discs" - what are they?

( btw, we gave our son the EGA we got from you for his birthday, which is 10 Nov )

it's a spin mold for cover/belt buckle sized M55 emblems, good for soft metal such as zinc

I hope your son enjoyed the emblem

• 7 months later...

I don't know how I missed this for so long but those are some fantastic collections and displays. Great stuff guys, thanks for posting the photos.

• 2 months later...

post-247-0-92707700-1509819033_thumb.jpg

Here is my meager effort at WWII USMC ega's. Virtually all are enlisted. Really nothing compared to the outstanding groupings shown here.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice displays...

I bought a few pairs of emblems shortly before deployment and, naturally, returned to having forgotten where I put them. Packing up for PCS, I recently found them...couple I forgot I had even bought. Here soon I will have a whole new moto room to spend my time arranging

• 2 months later...

Here is my small display. Just bought the two Marine Raider insignia. Impressive collections from everyone btw!

Jacob

post-162535-0-74354200-1518056189_thumb.jpg

post-162535-0-74354200-1518056189_thumb.jpg

My updated EGA display. The EGA in the small Riker on top was my Grandad's. He gave it to me on the Peatross Parade Deck after the family day ceremony. 50 years (almost to the day) after his Drill Instructor presented it to him.

post-163024-0-35810000-1518367784_thumb.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Your off to a great start, collecting emblems will never let you go as there is another new one for your collection just around the corner.