Unknown Service Uniform, WAC or WASP?

McDermut99

I am helping an acquaintance identify the uniform this woman is wearing. At first glance I thought it was a WAC or WASP uniform but the overseas cap and the general appearance of the uniform have me curious if it is a U.S. uniform at all. It may be a no brainer so forgive my ignorance in this area of collecting. And by all means feel free to educate me!

Also if anyone can identify the SSI and DUI's it would be greatly appreciated!

11826013_10153033926667197_8478217918708

11828700_10153034385742197_4993200435625

11825044_10153034388807197_5303024447596

I am moving this to our Women's Services forum to where it might get a better response.

There were some really oddball civilian women's service organizations during World War II. One of our members shared a pamphlet that laid out some of the uniforms.

Some looked to have done very practical work that aided the war effort. Others just looked like glorified patriotic organizations without much of a real purpose.

The lapel insignia look to have a bear on them. Possibly something from California?

The unit crests the female is wearing on her lapels are for the 144th Field Artillery Regiment of the California Army National Guard. This unit's name was re-designated several times since it was formed but during the WWII years it was the 144th. Some additional information is here (and if you search the 144th's history I'm sure you can find more):

http://californiamilitaryhistory.org/144FAinsig.html

As for her uniform and the winged insignia seen on the left shoulder, I don't know. At least this is a start though. :)

Thank you guys for your input. Now that I am looking at the pictures I'm leaning more towards a non-military service organization.