AN ID'D SPAN-AM GROUP FROM A CUBA VET!

I was pretty psyched to find this group as ID'd Span-AM items are getting more and more scarce. It ran on eBay for a couple of months, with no bids. The seller was local and I was able to work out a good deal with him. The photo shown below is the dealer's photo from eBay.

I started a thread that goes into more detail about the vet and the items. You can find the thread here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/246350-the-equipment-of-pvt-bryan-160th-indiana-volunteer-infantry/

Anyway, for me, this is a great addition to my Indiana collection!

post-203-0-32136100-1438824912.jpg

Nice find, those unit marked items look like they were done yesterday. It's nice to see stuff like this wasn't just shoved in a barn or basement. This stuff looks like it must have been treasured by the vet and his family.

Thanks folks, I appreciate the comments. As I mentioned, I was really pumped to get these items as I was planning on picking non-named examples just to include in my display. It's really great to be able to add an ID'd Hoosier's group to my collection.

I was tempted to buy this set, but I'm glad you ended up with it! It is much better that it ended up with someone who can appreciate the local history.

Thanks RC!

Todd, I'm glad I was able to buy this set, but I know that if it ended up in your collection, you would have taken care of it as well as me.

One thing about the seller, he knew he could get more if he broke it up, but he told me he just didn't have the heart to do that.