Disappearing patches

WorldWarPatches

Airborne-Hunter

Look at all the Purple Hearts that get pulled. eBay isn't trolling for them, they act on reports

Actually they have in house paid trolls. Alot of them are experts in their fields and know all the ins and outs of the sellers. The scuttlebutt has been that they hired some experts out of some of the large auction houses around the world, but they keep it real hush for the several obvious reasons. But I haven't ever been able to confirm any of this it's just what the grapevine says...IMHO and experience leads me to believe it't true.

BTW Bob, I believe your first post strikes a strong cord of agreement with me. Best ABN

WorldWarPatches

Actually they have in house paid trolls. Alot of them are experts in their fields and know all the ins and outs of the sellers. The scuttlebutt has been that they hired some experts out of some of the large auction houses around the world, but they keep it real hush for the several obvious reasons. But I haven't ever been able to confirm any of this it's just what the grapevine says...IMHO and experience leads me to believe it't true.

BTW Bob, I believe your first post strikes a strong cord of agreement with me. Best ABN

it's amazing how people run their mouths with no proof. Get proof or shut up.

vintageproductions

it's amazing how people run their mouths with no proof. Get proof or shut up.

Seriously Pat, you need to back down a bit.

You say I am wrong with my original statement, then a few posts later you post this,

I send this to many sellers when I see something I don't want to disappear. " If and when you get offers to sell this and end the listing and you decide to do so, give me a chance to make an honest offer before selling. If you decide to let the auction run I will be bidding on it. Thanks, Pat 520-255-1749

You say right there that you will make an offer if someone does want to stop an auction.

It is no big deal, like I said there is probably a very small percentage of members on here that haven't tried to get auctions closed. It's the nature of the beast, and I see nothing wrong with. Just, if you are going to make an offer make a serious offer to a Ebay seller, do not try to play them for fools.

I can't count how many times some troll will send us a message with an offer to stop an auction, and it is usually for $5 or $10.00 over the minimum bid.

I have had a few times where I have offered the seller four figures for a patch if they will stop an auction and they decline and say they want to let it run. Many times I win the auction when it goes its full course for a fraction of what I offered them.

Again don't see what the big deal is and it's not worth getting your panties in a knot because an auction gets stopped.

BILL THE PATCH

I swear eBay causes more trouble over and over again. It is what it is. Ebay has really changed from when I first started, some for the better. Mostly not. Pretty much everyone knows what eBay is all about, not worth getting pissed about it.

WorldWarPatches

Pay attention Bob! It say's > if you end it. I don't ask sellers to end an auction. And your panties remark is not called for, you need to back down.

I think everybody should back down take a deep breath and think what a great day it was to be alive.100 years from now no one will give a crap anyhow.Scotty