Disappearing patches

WorldWarPatches

WorldWarPatches

Ever wonder why a good patch listed on eBay is suddenly gone? Read the description amendment and the Questions and Answers at the bottom of the page on eBay item # 151767355772

vintageproductions

But you have posted on here numerous times that you had made offers to Ebay sellers to stop auctions.

What is the difference between what this buyer did and what you have said you have done?

Not trying to start a battle here, just asking for clarification

I bet there are very few people on here, who have never contacted an Ebay seller to see if they could buy an item straight away and not let the auction run it's full course. I have done it many times, sometimes you get to buy the item sometimes you don't. I don't understand why a bidder would turn in another bidder , on an auction that is not even theirs, except for a major case pf sour grapes.

To be honest, I don't know why anybody would end an auction early other than due to an error in the listing..... But that is just me.

-Ski

Text...

Up for auction is a collection of patches that I purchased from a collector in southwest Minnesota. Im not an expert, but it looks like all are original except for maybe three blue square and one green leaf patch that look and feel very new. (see photos) Otherwise, they have snowy backs and theres even a greenback. Thanks for looking! Lyle

On Aug-04-15 at 09:58:09 PDT, seller added the following information:

Hello Potential Winners, I received a message from an eBay member that he has reported the high bidder on this item for trying to make a deal outside of eBay. I appreciate his action and should have done this myself instead of just posting the emails and responses. I would never think of making an outside deal. I always go through eBay. This may change the high bid if this person who made the offer is suspended. It's a good learning lesson. My number one goal in life is to always maintain Integrity. Thank you and thank this person who took the action to report marygrace20. Lyle Dear lyle_baddog, I reported him, when the eBay rep read it he fell out of his chair. Don't be surprised if "not a registered user" shows up next to marygrace20. He is just like a cancer and needs to be cut out. The rep also gave you a kudo's for not accepting his offer, but also said you should have reported the buyer. If we see crime and turn a blind eye we are just as guilty. You can post this to the listing also! Thanks

24th_infantry

I am friends with the seller. She told me many people have askee her to stop auctions to buy patches. And ended up extrmely low balling her out of hundreds of dollars only to resell. She was very trusting but sadly a few bad apples lied about values to this older lady who knows very little about patch values. She donated a huge portion to wounded warriers and the rest went towards paying for a huge surgery.

I'm of the opinion these under-the-table offers are nothing more than another facet of healthy Capitalism and Free-Enterprise...

Jon Lavin (Marygrace_20) strikes again....

I have had a bad deal with him in the past as well.. sold me a fake set of Brit jump wings then didn't want to refund me and made me take other items instead.

at least I got SOMETHING.

I'm of the opinion these under-the-table offers are nothing more than another facet of Capitalism and Free-Enterprise...

I agree. Sometimes it just sucks when people do it and then lowball the person when the auction would have probably brought them more money.

though it works both ways.. sometimes the auctions bring less!

-Brian

WorldWarPatches

But you have posted on here numerous times that you had made offers to Ebay sellers to stop auctions.

What is the difference between what this buyer did and what you have said you have done?

Not trying to start a battle here, just asking for clarification

I bet there are very few people on here, who have never contacted an Ebay seller to see if they could buy an item straight away and not let the auction run it's full course. I have done it many times, sometimes you get to buy the item sometimes you don't. I don't understand why a bidder would turn in another bidder , on an auction that is not even theirs, except for a major case pf sour grapes.

Where the hell did you get that information, I have only contacted sellers about UNSOLD items. If you find a post on here stating otherwise it's been doctored.

It happens. ..I do very little business on ebay.If there is a auction that I'm interested in buying the item...I contact the seller and let them know I am bidding and serious. The next inquiry. ..I relay I have no problem bidding till the auction closes,but if they are the type seller that ends early with offers...please allow the same opportunity to me.This is about the only way to protect yourself if bidding on a item you really want.

I just looked at the patch lot in question and honestly wonder why everyone is getting their panties in a wad! There are a couple nice patches, but overall it is a pretty common lot.

I wish people would "fight" over the stuff I try to sell. :(

JerseyDevil117

I just looked at the patch lot in question and honestly wonder why everyone is getting their panties in a wad! There are a couple nice patches, but overall it is a pretty common lot.

Couldnt have said it any better 36-tex :lol::lol:

WorldWarPatches

The seller has 2 lost and marygrace20 was making an offer on both. Says so in the offer, he is a bit hard to understand though.

WorldWarPatches

I send this to many sellers when I see something I don't want to disappear. " If and when you get offers to sell this and end the listing and you decide to do so, give me a chance to make an honest offer before selling. If you decide to let the auction run I will be bidding on it. Thanks, Pat 520-255-1749

The real question is, how did another bidder report the low-baller if user IDs are private?

Seller states they posted the emails and responses.

The real question to me is what kind of person spends their time turning in people who "break" EBay rules...

What a terrible existence they must have.

The real question to me is what kind of person spends their time turning in people who "break" EBay rules...

Look at all the Purple Hearts that get pulled. eBay isn't trolling for them, they act on reports

I put my phone number on add and sometimes I make private sales or buys ,end auction early,lost or misplaced I claim,eBay takes 10% and makes you wait up to 20 days to get money another 3 to transfer to bank.

I put my phone number on add and sometimes I make private sales or buys ,end auction early,lost or misplaced I claim,eBay takes 10% and makes you wait up to 20 days to get money another 3 to transfer to bank.

I get my money the day the buyer pays. Transfers to my bank are the next day after the request unless it is Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The only time my money was held was when the buyer filed a claim and that was for that purchase amount only. I always refuse offers because 99% of the time I get twice as much as the offer by letting the auction run its course.

Ray

WorldWarPatches

Possibly the people that earn a living on ebay.