USMC first aid pouch and M1910 belt

Dr_rambow

I picked these up over the weekend. I'm confidant about the first aid pouch, but not so sure about the marking on the M1910 catridge belt. The marking looks much later than the 1918 date on the belt, but I suppose that could be entirely possible.

The pouch was attached to the belt when I found it, I took it off for pictures.

What do you think? Also, what is a realistic value? I paid what I think is a fair price, but I don't know what the going rate is for early USMC material.

post-97349-0-19624000-1438563581.jpg

post-97349-0-68333400-1438563586.jpg

post-97349-0-37206500-1438563605.jpg

I've already had one person PM me that the marking on the belt was of dubious origin, any other opinions?

Also, anyone want to try their hand at ID'ing the marine?

TODD

Typically these belts were not stamped USMC but doesn't look like it was done recently and dont sound like someone was trying to decieve you.Just saying I have seen individuals make markings on equipment as well and encountered canteen covers at times with the stamps too.Since it came with the pouch Im leaning toward individually done.

Will add that not uncommon for these belts to be issued/used for many years.The Corps was noted for getting and using a lot of old or outdated items.

I purchased the belt as a standard WWI era M1910, so it won't hurt my feelings if it isn't an authentic marking or is impossible to authenticate.

I can say that it looks like it was stenciled versus done by hand. There are breaks in the letters where you would expect them to be for a stencil.

Thanks for the help!

Looks like you marine is Joseph G. Auten, Enlisted in 1935, and served throughout WWII. Great set! I really like it!

-Steven

Nice 100% original USMC bandage pouch!

Sorry can't provide any further comment on the belt.

Cheers,

-Steve

Thanks Steve(s)!

Has anyone seen similar markings on M1923 belts? That would have been more convincing if someone was trying to deceive.