Need Opinion: Repro M1941 Jacket

stealthytyler

stealthytyler

I need to add a reproduction M41 Jacket to my display. I know ATF makes good ones and so does WWII Impressions (I do not want to spend over $250 though for WWII impression). I don't really care about the Made in China VS Made in USA debate. I like the ATF price point. Is there anything else out there that you would recommend? THANKS MUCH!

From my understanding ATF has recently updated their M41 jackets and should be closer to originals than any of their previous lines. I own one of their previous lines and it is serving me very well for both reenactments and civilian wear-I am thoroughly impressed.

I have an ATF M41 that I like also. Funny you brought this up, I just got an e-mail from them today on this very topic:

https://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=USUJM41&utm_source=New+Arrivals&utm_campaign=Shows+2014&utm_medium=email

Here's mine with repro sergeant's stripes added (ala Sgt. Chip Saunders from Combat!).

post-32676-0-42018700-1438551317.jpg

stealthytyler

Since you both bought atf jackets, were you happy with the fit? Did you simply measure your chest size and order the corresponding size?

Since you both bought atf jackets, were you happy with the fit? Did you simply measure your chest size and order the corresponding size?

Mine came in a little large (that photo is pre-washing), and I don't know if it will shrink very much. In retrospect, I would have ordered a size smaller than my suit size (42R and not 44R).

stealthytyler

Mine came in a little large (that photo is pre-washing), and I don't know if it will shrink very much. In retrospect, I would have ordered a size smaller than my suit size (42R and not 44R).

Did you measure your chest before ordering or did you just assume it was 44 due to your suit sizes?

I had a family member measure my chest and I ordered a size up (44R) because a 42L is a hard jacket to find as a repro. But the adjustable tabs in the back are useful, and I'm satisfied with the fit especially the slant pockets