Small group, WW II Wave

jmar

Hello to all!

I hope all is going well with everyone, that you in the northern hemisphere are having a wonderful summer, and to our friends in the southern half, a belated Merry Christmas in July! (I know it's August, but work has been keeping me extremely busy).

Here is a nice little group that I'm posting, inspired by our own Kat and her commitment to preserving the heritage of women in service. Thank you.

Please forgive the "watermarks". I don't want some internet leech to make a penny off of our efforts to preserve the sacrifice and service of our honored Veterans. If you are legit and need high resolution images for genuine documentation, then feel free to contact me. I have high res scans with no marks and will gladly send after confirmation of your credentials.

Thank you for stopping in and visiting, it is always good to see my old friends and make new one.

Best wishes to all.

Joe

post-48324-0-96074400-1438548747.jpg

Joe,

Fantastic grouping! I have never seen pictures of dog tags for a WAVE. These are wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for posting these.

Also, thanks so much for the kind words about our nation's women who have also served our country.

...Kat

Hey Kat!

I hope all is going well. I knew you'd like this one! I was very pleased to have acquired it.

An interesting note about the dog tags, one is a thicker and heavier steel than the other, you can see the difference in the way the information is presented on each tag too.

I did some quick Ancestry research and haven't found anything. Hopefully I'll be able to learn more about her.

Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

Best wishes always,

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

As most of the Ancestry records are for shipboard sailors, there's a good chance this individual may not show up in them. For the one ID'ed WAVE uniform I have in my collection, I was able to find out some details about her service in the Washington DC area by finding a few old wartime newspaper articles. I would recommend searching newspapers.com as that might offer the best chance of finding more information about your WAVE. Best of luck!

• 2 months later...

As most of the Ancestry records are for shipboard sailors, there's a good chance this individual may not show up in them. For the one ID'ed WAVE uniform I have in my collection, I was able to find out some details about her service in the Washington DC area by finding a few old wartime newspaper articles. I would recommend searching newspapers.com as that might offer the best chance of finding more information about your WAVE. Best of luck!

Hello jguy!

I apologize for the lateness of my reply, I've not been very consistent on the Forum in the past few years and I just saw your comment. I've looked into your recommendation and it looks like it might yield some information. I'm planning on subscribing for a year. I'll be sure and post anything I find.

Thank you for the tip, as well as for taking the time to read and comment on my thread.

Best wishes!

Joe