Found a torpedo in Missouri!

Dad and I went out to an antique mall yesterday and then stopped by a surplus store on the way back. They had a Mark 46 mod 1 torpedo out front. It's painted white says Dummy on it. Interesting to see it here in MO and not really sure why they have it. I guess they want to sell it but it's kind of odd to have here in this state. They also have a heavy cruiser 8" brass shell casing inside.

Tried to insert a pic but it's too big and I can't link it from photobucket. Sorry.

So, I was just reading this thread and the boss lady saw the picture of the torpedo and said: "You are not thinking about buying that thing, aren't you? I don't want that thing in the middle of the living room!

She knows me too well. :D

That would be indeed a unique piece to have.

Charlie Flick

Man, that thing would look great in my pool. Of course, if I bought it my wife would then have the opportunity to observe that there were now two dummies in the pool.

This is an action shot of a later Mark 46, a Mod 5A being launched from the USS O'Kane off of Hawaii in 2011. (Credit USN photo)

Regards,

Charlie

US_Navy_111115-N-RI884-262_A_MK_46_Mod_5A_exercise_torpedo_is_launched_from_the_guided-missile_destroyer_USS_O'Kane_(DDG_77)_during_the_integrated (1).jpg