WWI medical officers surgery kit

Vertol

Good afternoon,

Here's an officer's surgery kit that seems to be WWI era. It is missing a scisors and 2 forceps.

As it is not dated, can you confirm me it is WWI.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Vertol

23wl6y1.jpg

14niul2.jpg

DocCollector1441

It is Pre-WW2 era, whether it is actually from WW1 would be difficult to say, but I agree it predates the WW2 pattern. Whether or not the instruments are original to the kit it would be impossible to tell short of wear marks or stains from the metal to the canvas, but I would venture to say the instruments are not original (but I am a "Fake until proven authentic" type of guy).

Thank you for your answers.

Concerning the forceps, it is the same manufacturer than scalpel and bistoury. The instruments have oxidization marks on the area where they're maintained in the web. Is it correct if I put the kit in a WWI medic belt or bag ?

Your kit is super nice!!! I would say it's pre or at the start of WWII and yes it would go great with a medics back !

Here is my 1942 unissed medical officers kit complete even with the original list dated June 4th 1942 notice the case number on the list is same as stamped on the case itself.

post-7997-0-80296900-1438536361.jpg

post-7997-0-35301500-1438536523.jpg

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Your kit is typical of the ones found in the M1910 officers medical belt. They were made by a number of medical supply companies. There really isn't a ton of difference between the WW1 and WW2 ones. The pouch snaps are different, yours are the WW1 era ones, but the contents are pretty similar.

John

• 3 weeks later...