jerrycans

lightningdivision

I only have one authentic fuel can but I have a couple water cans. One of them was literally seconds away from being crushed and lost forever. I took a M105 trailer body loaded with axles, junk ammo cans, and other garbage to the scrap yard and saw something green laying right in front of the excavator. I went over and picked it up and the guy said I could have it (I think he might have thought it was already mine because of all the busted up military stuff I was dumping). Not even a minute later 5000lbs of iron was lifted off my trailer and dropped right where the can had been laying. The can was a 1944 Cavalier water can that I sold to a buddy for a couple bucks so he could use it to display with his 42 MB.

lightningdivision

Mine are in my attic,on my vehicles+trailers.

Robin,are those all USMC cans?in the trailer and on the shelf(on the bottem)

Ken,that's a rare can You got there.The cap is an experimental one,and not often found.

Still need to learn how to place pictures here :-(

Stijn

I am just wondering where does one keep 91 jerry cans?

I've got 70 or 80 cans at least.I still have not come across a WW2 Marine Corps or Navy one yet.Robin is that a collapsible stretcher in the trailer.I have a Navy marked one.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks Robin for more info on the pre-war McCord company.

here is the the page from the McCord file showing the ' special ' cam closure they produced and the quantities of several other items they made for the military during WWII

Lewis

Hi Lewis, just seen this thread. You have made my day! I bought one of these in Normandy about 20 Years ago, and always wondered what the official line was on it! I now know! It was kind of discarded in the garage; now will be on the Jeep with full honours!!

Hope all is well, all the best, Graham

Hi Lewis, just seen this thread. You have made my day! I bought one of these in Normandy about 20 Years ago, and always wondered what the official line was on it! I now know! It was kind of discarded in the garage; now will be on the Jeep with full honours!!

Sorry Ken for the name slip up - wasn't thinking in the haste to reply! doh!

General Apathy

Hi Graham, thanks for the message, pleased that the photo and the McCord information was of use to you, but be prepared to answer questions about the weird can that your carrying on the Jeep ^_^ ^_^

Regards lewis

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Graham, thanks for the message, pleased that the photo and the McCord information was of use to you, but be prepared to answer questions about the weird can that your carrying on the Jeep ^_^ ^_^

Regards lewis

Hi Ken, finally got round to taking a photo of the McCord can. Mine too is a '43 Monarch. It was quite rusty when I got it, so it was blasted and painted. Looking forward to people questioning it!

All the best, Graham

post-20528-0-76223100-1442077107.jpgpost-20528-0-50653800-1442077138.jpgpost-20528-0-33567000-1442077177.jpgpost-20528-0-18312500-1442077279.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Ken, finally got round to taking a photo of the McCord can. Mine too is a '43 Monarch. It was quite rusty when I got it, so it was blasted and painted. Looking forward to people questioning it!

All the best, Graham

attachicon.gif 021 - Copy.jpgattachicon.gif 025 (2) - Copy.jpgattachicon.gif 028 - Copy.jpgattachicon.gif 020 (2) - Copy.jpg

Hi Graham, real nice looking restoration on your can, made me think that I need to be doing the same, so we know where two of the cans are at least. ^_^

Take care ken.