Need some 1/35 Sherman tracks...

Garandomatic

Garandomatic

I don't know how this deal will unfold, as the seller and I may come to some arrangement. Got a Tamiya later model Sherman on eBay. I was using my phone, and it didn't display that the model was opened. Anyways, it's all there except for the stinking tracks! I'm going for a late summer to fall Sherman from the 191st tank battalion, and thought some t48s might work. I really don't want to get the bronco set, as I'll go nuts if I have to put together hundreds of links again. Ebay is little help because it seems everything is from Taiwan or China. Squadron really has a poor selection of US 1/35 stuff...

Any suggestions for a track for that might be more appropriate than T48s, or know of a place I can get some tracks??

The Meatcan

do you belong to the Armorama kit forum? That's probably a great place to ask around for Sherman tracks.

Terry

T48s... The T54 cuff types might be useable too...There should be a US distributor listed on the directions or the box that you can write for replacement tracks. The newer release M4A3s have the T48s without the extended end connectors... if you can get the kit number for the newer release with the figures included, you should be able to get replacement tracks... Kit number 35250, M4A3 Sherman 75mm Gun (Front line Breakthrough)

Garandomatic

I'll do that. Seller basically offered a refund for a return, which isn't out of line, but not really that optimal for me, either. I told them new tracks are going to cost $10 anyway, and they said that was too much to refund. I didn't necessarily ask for $10, either, just making the point that what I bought wasn't really what they described in terms of it being all there.

I kind of wonder how a 100% refund on a defective product is better for a seller than a partial refund, but it's not enough money to really get upset about. I think the guy wants to just relist is and say that it "seems like it's all there" like he did for me. More the principal of the thing. If I do return it, I get to spend maybe a couple of bucks for gas and eat the shipping back to them, and then go look for something else and buy it, which at the end of the day will work out to about the same price as keeping this one and buying some new tracks.

I'd be very understanding if a road wheel was missing, that's understandably small enough to overlook, but two 1' long rubber pieces? They didn't check it over much, if at all before they listed it, and didn't even offer so much as an apology for screwing up. Won't be checking out that dude's auctions ever again.

Thanks for the help, fellas.