Japanese made USN? patch. need help please.

Phantomf4

Nice patch but don't know what unit etc. it's about 5 inches and what looks to be the price on the back. Help please.

post-153748-0-37653600-1438206086.jpg

Salvage Sailor

This is going to be a difficult ID

That being said, if it is USN, I'd say Submarine

I didn't really think that looked like a SUB, but I guess it kinda does. I looked and that funny looking Y is the symbol for YEN. So Japanese made.

Salvage Sailor

No guns, no hull number, roundish bow, sub-like railings, no stack but rather a stylized conning/periscope arrangement

an artistic submarine

Yes, the round nose had me wondering to. I see what your saying about the rest now. Must have been some top secret sub type that has been unseen til now!!! :D :D

It reminds me a bit of one of their squadrons patches.......early VA-92 Golden Dragons (now VFA-92) I can see the resemblance to some type sub as well, however. Could it be a crudely made carrier?

Could this be a generic sub patch? You go in, tell the tailor/seamstress what your sub number is, it's added to the patch, and voila!

This has been done w/ various Army patches, especially armor triangle patches or in Italy.

I wonder if this is a Golden Dragon patch for crossing the International Date Line, maybe to be worn on a tour jacket or flight jacket. Just a WAG, great patch,

Mark

firefighter

I was also think a sub patch. I tried USS Sea Dragon. But the first (SS-194) was de-commissioned in 1945 and the other (SSN-584) was a NUC.And that is not a nuclear sub. So I would guess a generic patch for a WESTPAC cruise.

vintageproductions

I think it is just a generic patch.

The dragon is a very typical design you see from the late 50's to early Vietnam that Japanese tailor shops used on tour / cruise jackets.