USMC BOONIE HAT GULF WAR 1

m198

I'm in the process of rediscovering my Marine past and thought I would share an item with you all. I was fresh out of 0811 school and was sent to my unit that was already in Saudi. This is the Boonie hat I was issued when I first arrived. I was given a nickname so I wrote that on it. The Spade on top was a designation given for the Battery I was assigned to "Fox" which was apart of 1st Battalion 12th Marines.

post-158162-0-37398100-1437967261.jpg

post-158162-0-71403600-1437967272.jpg

Hoss,

Welcome Aboard! I was with 2nd LAI During Desert Storm and still have my boonie as well

S/F John

Good to see some Dog's on here! Thanks for the replies, to all others. "This is my hat. there are many like it, but this one is mine." I know everybody's got a hat up their a$$.

Good to see some Dog's on here! Thanks for the replies, to all others. "This is my hat. there are many like it, but this one is mine." I know everybody's got a hat up their sweetheart.

Ha! Semper Fi!

Nice iconic USMC hat!

In the CF they would never allow such graffiti on our boonie hats or gear! Guys use to try and cut down the brims but RSM's didn't like that either. It's interesting that the US military is so relaxed on graffiti and nickname applications, as we've seen from Vietnam to present day. It's something you don't really see much of in other militaries...

-Steve

Nice iconic USMC hat!

In the CF they would never allow such graffiti on our boonie hats or gear! Guys use to try and cut down the brims but RSM's didn't like that either. It's interesting that the US military is so relaxed on graffiti and nickname applications, as we've seen from Vietnam to present day. It's something you don't really see much of in other militaries...

-Steve

You could only get away with it in-theater! Would never fly in garrison!

• 1 month later...