1990/91 GULF WAR BRING BACK HELMET

m198

It appears to be, reading from left to right, 518. Not sure if Arabs read their numbers from left to right, or right to left.

I believe left to right. I have a similar helmet I brought home from Iraq in 2007 - nowhere near as nice as yours. I actually pulled mine out of a manure pile! Appears to be an old Soviet style helmet.

Thanks for the information guys. Did not know it was Polish made, I was going to ask that question next. I have a sea bag full of Iraqi gear from Kuwait, most of it borderlines on junk. On top of that the crap still stinks after all this years, what was I thinking.

thats a nice souvenir , thats how how I like them , still has traces of the Iraq soil / sand on the shell

Polish helmets seem to be the most common Iraqi used steel helmet, they must have exported these in large numbers to the arab countries.

Nice to know for me too.

Here's a photo of a few of my bring-back helmets mounted in my 'man cave' at home. The four to the left I brought home from the First Gulf War.

The circled helmet I pulled out of the manure pile during a clearing mission outside Baghdad in 2007.

At least I have an amusing story to tell my grandkids on how I came by this "dung" helmet!

post-152877-0-21323700-1438114998.jpg