An Onaway Reunion: 76th Division Medic Uniform Reunited With His Items

carbinephalen

carbinephalen

Many of you provided positive comments on this veteran's etched holster grouping (which can be found here:)

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/242921-one-awesome-76th-division-inscribed-holster-grouping/

His items were all sold by the family in ebay auctions several months ago. Listed first was this gorgeous Ike jacket. As the auction ticked down I got caught up doing mission work for the AF and just wasn't able to break away in time to place my final bid. Incredibly, a forum member was the lucky bidder and it stayed within this great collecting circle. A huge thanks to him for allowing me to reunite this one with his group!

The jacket itself is a near pristine example of a combat leader's Ike. Arthur W O R T H took great pride in this jacket cross-stitching the patches and applying every ribbon possible for his discharge. Due to the unavailability of WWII Occupation and Victory ribbons, he used the corresponding WWI variants. Also acquired from his estate is this great wartime published photo of medics! Which one could be him?.. Please provide your insight on this issue! I have my bet but I would like to hear from others.

I hope you all enjoy. This is my 2nd uniform that belonged to a 76th medic and being one myself in the civilian world...I know some of the struggles these men endured treating our injured soldiers.

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

I think your man is the one wearing the medic helmet, second from left (counting the guy behind him). The facial features seem to "match", if you will.

post-14217-0-13115500-1437861403.jpg

carbinephalen

I think you're right!! Plus Worth was only 5'4" matching the very short stature of the medic photographed! ;)

I tend to agree, get a loupe and look closer at his features. This is great for looking at photos, you can so much that you cant see with the naked eye. I dig looking at old photos this way, even old family pics. Everything becomes visible dates on calendars, license plates etc. Collar disc. Enjoy your re united group! thanks for sharing!

Great to finally see this group reunited! I definitely think that that's your guy too! He has a very distinct nose that hard to miss.

carbinephalen

Many thanks gentleman! I hope digging through the MR's in Saint Louis will help determine what actually happened with him being WIA. His discharge is a little bit confusing when it comes to it.

Stinger Gunner USMC

Glad to see it all back together. Im happy that we were able to work out the reunion! It sure is one pretty Ike

carbinephalen

More to come on this grouping as the sellers continue to unearth EPIC items that belonged to this soldier!

Such as a photos, documents, and even a captured Kraut flag with his signature on it and the date of capture. In negotiations now! :)