Sons of the American Legion Childs helmet

Brian Keith

Brian Keith

post-1549-1217942658.jpg

Here is a Sons of the American Legion Childs helmet we just received.

I have an other Childs metal M1917 style helmet and have seen others but they all seem to have originally been painted green. This one has always been blue.

post-1549-1217942690.jpg

Sons of the American Legion insignia. They were organized in 1932. I believe this helmet to be originally made for the SAL organization.

Any body seen one of these?

I posted this in Veterans Organizations also, but since I believe this is a pre-WW II helmet, I can very well see this being worn by a child during WW II.

BKW

• 3 weeks later...

The posts and departments had some flexibility on gear. Especially before ww2 a lot of original equipment was being offered locally.

One early ladies post or ladies auxiliary in Pennsylvania had big wool flapper haps with a legion logo & number in front.

The baseball leagues, either regionally or nationally, had a white baseball cap with a GIANT black swastika on it!

John

post-1549-1217942658.jpg

Here is a Sons of the American Legion Childs helmet we just received.

I have an other Childs metal M1917 style helmet and have seen others but they all seem to have originally been painted green. This one has always been blue.

post-1549-1217942690.jpg

Sons of the American Legion insignia. They were organized in 1932. I believe this helmet to be originally made for the SAL organization.

Any body seen one of these?

I posted this in Veterans Organizations also, but since I believe this is a pre-WW II helmet, I can very well see this being worn by a child during WW II.

BKW

• 2 weeks later...

Never ceases to amaze me on the variety of these "tin hats" that are out there. I now have 4, 2 in silver with the standard marx logos (both different) one red with the logo, and a plain green one.