WWII, M21A1 Amber Ground Signal, Sectioned Example

rambob

I created the topic that this post is linked to quite awhile ago and it was put into a reference section where it has been in existing in limbo for a long time. I think this topic would be of interest to the forum members, so I decided to juice it by linking a regular topic back to it.

If you are curious and want to see whats inside a an M21A1 Ground Signal take a look at this sectioned example!!

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1888-m21a1-ground-signal/

Bob

Bob, between the flare and the ration displays, you sure know how to make learning fun! Thanks for bringing this one back up. A truly fascinating way to illustrate how the M21A1 works. :)

Hey Jamie, Thanks for the nice words. Being an old Engineer, I have always been fascinated with what is inside everything. I also like to try and figure out exactly how certain equipment was actually used during WWII. So these two interests ultimately drive these little projects I come up with. BTW. Have you seen my visible Airborne First Aid Kit. If not, here it is, along with the sewn on tie straps and all contents.

Bob

post-299-0-19921600-1437600113.jpg

post-299-0-96406000-1437600127.jpg

Love it! Very creative and as interesting as your previous "transparancies."

With so much variety in ration and first aid kits produced during the war, the sky's the limit. Are the components all original?

Bob, I also tried to send you a PM, but it appears your box is full. :)

Hey Jamie, Thanks once again for the nice words. Yes, all components in the kit are original. BTW. I just emptied my PM inbox and you should have no problem sending me a PM now.

Bob