Brit Flight Helmet for USAAF

Ronnie

This is my Brit Flight Helmet modified with an American Headset. This fellow is also flying with the Brit Mk III Flying Goggles. He uses the A14 O Mask.

Thanks.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-78952700-1437431965.jpg

littlebuddy

This is my Brit Flight Helmet modified with an American Headset. This fellow is also flying with the Brit Mk III Flying Goggles. He uses the A14 O Mask.

Thanks.

Ronnie

MK VIII Goggles , you mean Ronnie ? ;)

pararaftanr2

The type C continued in production post-WW2. A view of the rear of the helmet would help determine its vintage.

Regards, Paul

phantomfixer

Post war would have two small straps and snaps for the wiring loom....

I was looking at the chin strap....thought they switched to a gray web strap post war

Machts nichts..a nice display

post-155518-0-04761200-1437515912.jpg

Little buddy right on the goggles.....my bad. And no the receivers are not taped in. I'll check them out closer when I can get to the helmet.

phantomfixer

if you don't have th wire loom straps in the rear you should have, what looks like, a second pattern RAF Type C WWII era flight helmet,

The first pattern had a leather chin strap and a front set of goggle straps near the upper temple...

You have a great display Ronnie, and an awesome jeep collection!..the yellow follow me jeep is way cool, as is the rocket launching, armored jeep....they are all cool, but those two caught my eye

Thanks Phantom. I never finished the Follow Me Jeep. I was gonna make a sign. Remove the spare and jerry can and attach the sign to the rear. I may still get around to it. The rocket launcher is a Danbury Mint product and is very detailed. Tomorrow I'll try to get you some photos of it without the canvas cover.

Ronnie

if you don't have th wire loom straps in the rear you should have, what looks like, a second pattern RAF Type C WWII era flight helmet,

The first pattern had a leather chin strap and a front set of goggle straps near the upper temple...

You have a great display Ronnie, and an awesome jeep collection!..the yellow follow me jeep is way cool, as is the rocket launching, armored jeep....they are all cool, but those two caught my eye

The first wave of USAAF pilots got the first pattern with the extra goggle straps. That's very evident from the photos out there. I have two USAAF used Type Cs and both are the later version. One has the receivers taped in, the other does not. My early Type C belonged to an Aussie navigator in Baltimores flying in the MTO. Love those Type Cs :)