What would Jimi Hendrix's OG 107 looked like?

maoribattalion

maoribattalion

I've seen a 1961 photo of him with a 6th army patch. I'm a bit of a novice with understanding military infantry/divisions, etc. If in the 101st airborne division, would he have that patch in place of 6th army? He was also an private(e-4) and was demoted prior to discharge. perhaps someone can figure it out by looking at the photos...

post-155644-0-27768700-1437411559.jpg

post-155644-0-76897600-1437411567.jpg

maoribattalion

by the end of his service, assuming he was awarded the 101st airborne patch, would it have replaced the 6th army, or been placed on right arm?

easterneagle87

NOOOO! Hendrix would have never worn a "combat" patch. As far as I know, he was never in a combat or deployed situation.

6th Army was tasked as a training command if I recall correctly at the time.I believe the Presideo was the Major Command center for the 6th and Ft.Ord did a basic training for new soldiers.THey did in the 70s as I have had several Basic Training class books from Ft.Ord

He wouldnt have worn a right shoulder patch and the 101 would have replaced the 6th once he was assigned to another/that unit

by the end of his service, assuming he was awarded the 101st airborne patch, would it have replaced the 6th army, or been placed on right arm?

Awarded? These insignia just show whatever unit you are assigned to and have nothing to do with any sort of awards.