When You Can't Have an Entire Bell UH-1 "Huey" Helicopter, a 4-ft Section Will Do!

Longbranch

Hello All,

Just found something that takes the top spot as "Most Random Militaria Related Object" I've ever picked up... two left-hand elevators from the Bell UH-1 Iroquois "Huey" helicopter. I'm still trying to find the exact era these may have been used, but nonetheless, I thought they were cool. I need to find if there is some way I can use each elevator serial number to find out which airframe to which they were originally fitted. Even under the dirt/dust from several decades of storage, It looks like they still have a two-tone green camouflage scheme painted onto them. Each one is close to 4' long and about 2.5' to 3' wide. I might end up mounting one on the wall next to a large poster/picture of a UH-1 in Vietnam. I just thought they were too cool to pass up!

post-11320-0-04516400-1437279326.jpg

blitzkrieg gsd

That would be cool to turn them into some kind of home furnishing. You could have one heck of a conversation piece in the livening room with them. Or,you could make them into something and put it in the war room as a display.

Very cool and i dont think any one of us here would have passed them up either!....i like the idea of mounting one on the wall with Huey photo....mike

5thwingmarty

Very cool. There is a group here in Indianapolis that has a flyable Huey and three more in pieces. They had a fund raiser last weekend where you could go for a ride for $100. I missed out but my boys got to go.