Toy Jeep Collection

Ronnie

Proud Kraut

Patches both jeeps in the photo above with trailers were made by Germans at the end of the war......from scratch. The larger of the two has steerable front wheels. They are signed and addressed on the bottom by the makers.

Great thread! Who made them over here, please?

Lars

I'll get that info for you Lars. And Patches I agree about the little wind up jeep. I did a video of it in action but can't get it to post.

Ronnie

I'll get that info for you Lars. And Patches I agree about the little wind up jeep. I did a video of it in action but can't get it to post.

Ronnie

I think you'll have to post it on You Tube???

Kat that is a 1/6 scale in photo #1 but I don't remember who made it. I did however take it apart and re-paint it. Added some things so it would replicate my real jeep. I also made the windshield cover.

Ronnie

That was made by Formative International, Soldiers of the World series.

Ray

Ray I guess so. I really don't know. I purchased it for the sole purpose of making a duplicate of my real jeep.

Thanks for the info.

Ronnie

Here is my Navy jeep which I converted from a basic jeep diecast model. I will post what they looked like befor I changed them.

post-7752-0-39126200-1437773368.jpg

post-7752-0-44035800-1437773390.jpg

post-7752-0-48887800-1437773403.jpg

How these jeeps began life.....

post-7752-0-91114200-1437773482.jpg

post-7752-0-63288900-1437773508.jpg

A better shot of my "follow me" jeep.

post-7752-0-21562100-1437773751.jpg

Kat I don't know how many there are. I'm constantly adding more. In fact I added another yesterday. Thank you for your kind remarks.

Btw was it you that asked what scale they were? Well those that I painted are 1:18 scale.

Thanks.

Ronnie

Although my photographic skills are seriously lacking here is a photo of an old toy jeep that is new in the box and is a promotional toy for the TV series "Mash." I have never seen another.

post-7752-0-34532500-1437785997.jpg

Another new in the box jeep. This is the only 151 in the collection.

post-7752-0-47974100-1437786262.jpg

New in the box.

post-7752-0-57394100-1437786361.jpg

Proud Kraut

Thank you very much Ronnie, your first pm didn't came through...

I have contacted Ronnie via PM and he agreed to expand this great thread. As from now all members are asked to add their toy Jeeps and models to make this thread become our modeler's section Jeep reference.

So please feel free to post your toy Jeeps and models. If available add informations about manufacturer, scale, age, material, value etc.

We are looking forward to see many, many more Jeeps here!

I have contacted Ronnie via PM and he agreed to expand this great thread. As from now all members are asked to add their toy Jeeps and models to make this thread become our modeler's section Jeep reference.

So please feel free to post your toy Jeeps and models. If available add informations about manufacturer, scale, age, material, value etc.

We are looking forward to see many, many more Jeeps here!

This is great! This is a wonderful thread. Thanks to both of you!

...Kat

Proud Kraut

Okay, I'll start with this one:

Length: 13 cm

Material: tin with rubber wheels

"Made in Japan"

J1b.jpg

J1c.jpg

J1a.jpg

I don't have many jeeps but thought I would add the few that I have.

This is an overall shot of all of the jeeps.

Jeeps.JPG

This one does not have a maker's mark on it so I am not sure who made this. The date says 1996. It has quite a bit of detail

Jeep No.JPG

This one is the Danbury Mint jeep. The small part on top is a railing. You can make this one with or without the top.

Jeep Danbury.JPG

This one is not a jeep but I hope it is OK to add this one. This is an old car from the Hallmark Series.

Jeep Hall.JPG

The small one is a little larger than a matchbox. This one is made by Corgi. Quite a bit of detail for so small a car

Jeep Corgi.JPG

Last one is the 1/6 jeep like Ronnie already posted. I really like how he repainted his.

Jeep 16.JPG

That is a great collection. Thanks posting the photos it's great to see all the variations and construction.

Here is my Beetle Bailey Jeep. It is a diecast with Beetle, Sarge and Otto.

Thanks for letting us add on to your post.

Dennis

post-2843-0-91268000-1438044565.jpg

I don't have the Beetle Bailey jeep Dennis. Don't know why. I have seen them before but never had the chance to pick one up.

Thanks for adding it to this thread.

Ronnie

• 3 weeks later...

Some more of mine. Let's start with the tiny ones Center and left ones: Made in Austria by ROCO. The right ones: Made by WIKING, Berlin. Scale: 1/87

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

Another 1/87 diecast Jeep without manufacturer's markings

j3.jpg

j4.jpg

This metal Jeep was made after the war in Germany by "Arnold". As you can see, dad played a lot with it. Unused/mint Arnold Jeeps reach high prices today.

j5.jpg

j6.jpg

I know I have posted this one before elsewhere here in our section but it's worth to be displayed here as well I think. My dad's favorite toy after the war. "Made in the U.S.Zone" by Arnold as well. If this one could talk...

j7.jpg

j8.jpg

The Constabulary Arnold is quite rare and sought after, even in this condition. I have 3 MP Arnolds myself (2 early, 1 late version) and my father has 6 or 7, including 2 different civilian versions. Together we also have a small collection of tin toy jeeps from the 1945 to the early '50's from different European countries. I'll have to make some pics & post them on the forum once.

If you're interested in German-made tin jeep models I can recommend this handy guide: http://www.jeepfreund.de/TIN_TOY_JEEP/tin_toy_jeep.html . No ties to the seller.

The Constabulary Arnold is quite rare and sought after, even in this condition. I have 3 MP Arnolds myself (2 early, 1 late version) and my father has 6 or 7, including 2 different civilian versions. Together we also have a small collection of tin toy jeeps from the 1945 to the early '50's from different European countries. I'll have to make some pics & post them on the forum once.

If you're interested in German-made tin jeep models I can recommend this handy guide: http://www.jeepfreund.de/TIN_TOY_JEEP/tin_toy_jeep.html . No ties to the seller.

Thanks for posting this link. I was aware of this site once but lost the track. Would be great to see your Jeeps here as well.