A6-A Boots?

strawberry 9

strawberry 9

These are currently up for auction. They're listed as A6-A boots but there not like any I've seen before. What do you think? Private purchase, taylor made....foreign?

post-100432-0-18547400-1437106673.jpg

phantomfixer

Looks like nice construction,,, has US sizing?? 8....not like any A-6A I have ever seen...this could be the matching A-2 for the boots

sorry tried to remove the pic way too early for that kind of humor....

post-155518-0-57023700-1437137205.jpg

5thwingmarty

Those are not A-6A boots or A-6 boots. A-6 and A-6A boots would have a rubber sole that wraps up over the sides and across the toes, and they would have a zipper closure not laces unless modified. The A-6A boots are just like the A-6 boots except they added two buckled straps across the front over the zipper to try and let the wearer cinch them tighter so they would not fly off if they bailed out. A-6 and A-6A boots would have the label on the front of the tongue as well.

strawberry 9

I know, they're definitely not A-6 boots, just listed as that. They don't seem like civilian boots though. They aren't really built for harsh conditions.

These are currently up for auction. They're listed as A6-A boots but there not like any I've seen before. What do you think? Private purchase, taylor made....foreign?

attachicon.gifresized_2.jpg

Liners for A-6 boots I believe.........this is a pair from a WO (L-pilot?) that was attached to the 13th Armored Division. Was In early and had a bit of Pre-War and early war stuff..............

post-4098-0-08914000-1437238657.jpg

phantomfixer

maybe repopped? I have never sen em before...not that means anything..just never came across them before

Will M's look legit period..the OP look new..and I could be horribly wrong

I think the first posted pair are correct.......just a different contractor. There's another pair on eBay now.....with rubber heels. The pair I have are biographical and heavily property marked.....as said earlier 13th Armored. Div. I took the time to find a reference to this "boot" but have only seen descriptions that are close.......

No repops on this item......to obscure to make a fast buck.

maybe repopped? I have never sen em before...not that means anything..just never came across them before

Will M's look legit period..the OP look new..and I could be horribly wrong