WWII Green Oak Safety Pins Stock No. 7-877-000

strawberry 9

strawberry 9

I've seen this brand of safety pins used in medic displays and was wondering if anyone can confirm if they are what was issued by the Army to medics. If so, is this an Army issue box or civilian? As you can see, the box is stamped Stock No. 7-877-000. I have 19 unused cards.

post-100432-0-36521300-1437020942.jpgpost-100432-0-23049900-1437020944.jpg

Those are post war 1947 to the late 50s early 60s maybe. There are alot of these out there as they were used with the civil defense hospital supplies.

As Survival says, these aren't actually WW2 Safety Pins. The hyphenated Stock Number dates them to between 1947 (when the Army and Navy Medical Departments were amalgamated) and 1955 when the Federal Stock Number system was introduced.

They are military, though.

Regards,

Ben.

Green Oak did make them during WW2, but the design was slightly different (and of course did not have the post-war Stock Number attached to it). Atlas and American also produced Safety Pins for the Medical Department during WW2.

You can see photographs on my website > http://med-dept.com/medical-kits-contents/medical-kits-contents-kits-of-medical-personnel/

Regards,

Ben.

strawberry 9

Thanks med-dept. I already had your site in my bookmarks. I'll have to look through all of the cards to see if they are all the same. I have 19 cards and the box should only have 10.