Marked Medical Helmets Of All Eras

Bugme

One of the most faked helmets to be found are those of the Medic. I thought it would be a great idea to post some legitimate medical helmets here on the forum. Please feel free to post your genuine medic helmet here too!

I'll start this out with my WWI 338th Ambulance Company lid.

Medic_Helmets_002.jpg

A Pacific Theater of Operations Medic lid ID'd to T5 Robert Leiby 7th Division HQ, 1st Battalion, 159th Regiment.

The front...

Medic_Helmets_004.jpg

A late WWII swivel loop which was originally a four panel red cross and then updated to a three panel with white background.

One side...

Medic_Helmets_007.jpg

Bugme, the Pacific Theater of Operations Medic lid ID'd to T5 Robert Leiby 7th Division HQ, 1st Battalion, 159th Regiment is so nice, Does it have chinstraps? can't tell if there tucked in or not there, but I like the basic four panel is my favorite sadly I don't own a real Medic helmet, but I do hope to own one soon thumbsup.gif

Very nice helmets there bravo.gif

By the way, witch one is your favorite? :P

Justin

No Chin straps on the PTO and no plan to add any. I like it the way it is. Which one do I like best? All of them! ;)

This picture from YANK magazine is my favorite for portraying the combat medic. His 4 panel helmet and haggard look epitomizes the life of those who served as medical personnel to save lives.

mediclogo.jpg

Bugme,

Great idea and great lids!! I can't really compete with your selection, but here is my one medical related helmet and most recent helmet acquisition. It belonged to Capt Carl A. Minning of the 119th Evac Hospital (ETO) and is thoroughly marked with his serial number. Not quite as exciting as a medic helmet, but I think it is pretty nice. Enjoy

post-1095-1217889203.jpg

post-1095-1217889213.jpg

post-1095-1217889219.jpg

M-1Helmet.com

Nice helmets indeed!

Here's my three panel. For some reason the panels were painted over thinly. This layer kinda flakes off exposing the panels. I just leave it as is, don't want to strip it and damage the authencity.

med1c.jpg

Pete

Ricardo, M-1Helmet.com & aef1917... beautiful helmets! Here's a marked medical liner from one of mine.

USMF_Posting_023.jpg

Here's a two-place example that's numbered. It's also got a ghost of a white cross that looks like tape residue just above the front cross. I got this years ago at a local swap meet. A woman was just taking it out of the trunk of her car when I spotted it. I noticed another guy out of the corner of my eye making a move toward it. I literally sprinted over and nabbed it. It's the only medic helmet I've come across in over thirty plus years of collecting.

DSCN4105.jpg

DSCN4106.jpg

At Bugme's request, I will post here are a few medic pots from an outdoor army surplus lot I rescued in 2001. These pots have been posted elsewhere on the Helmet Forum but find particular relevance on this thread.

First is a front seam pot that had battleship grey overpaint that was flecking away and, once removed, revealed these markings. Cross is a stencil application and is on front and both sides.

post-2661-1218061959.jpg

post-2661-1218061975.jpg

Next is a rear seam with large hand painted insignia on each side. Pot is rough with a lot of rust from open-air storage in the surplus lot.

post-2661-1218062141.jpg

post-2661-1218062151.jpg

Finally a rear seam with post-WWII chinstrap attachment. Maybe Vietnam issue? Front cross and lettering is stencil, rear cross is a raised decal. Grey base paint shows broad handstroke application.

post-2661-1218062379.jpg

post-2661-1218062388.jpg

Here is one, although not painted, I think it is still neat. If you look close a officers medical collar insignia was affixed to the front above the Capt's rank, the outline is all that remains.

Wade

post-577-1218152295.jpg