Kinda weird Militaria...

Tudorp

I just picked up this cool Korean War era military hospital cabinet. Yeah, not the "coolest" of Militaria, but I do collect all sorts of Military items, and in many cases if I can find something I can not only collect, but also use, that is a bonus.

Here is what I plan to do with it. I plan to make it sort of a portable re-loading station and mount my re-loading press, and powder measure on it, and use the cabinets for obviously re-loading supplies, powders, primers, tools & dies etc. I think it is kinda cool.

post-155295-0-32364200-1436739642.jpg

I agree...Very nice find! And a great idea to make it useful! I always like to see the different ways that the unusual items are repurposed & kept alive!

Great find. I love military furniture.

Ronnie

Thanks guys.. I also love military furniture. I have several Naval chairs. You know those heavy duty steel office chairs you find everywhere? (Every time I see one, I pick it up). The Navy used the same mil spec chairs, but made out of aluminum for using on ships. The Steel ones are pretty common, but the aluminum ones are fairly rare. I have 6 of these that I bought from a guy for next to nothing a few years ago ($50 for all 6). We use these chairs all over the house and garage. Kids can't tear em up.. lol

post-155295-0-41824300-1436788824.jpg

Nice cabinet and chair too!...are you going to strip or repaint the cabinet?...keep us posted on the finished project!...mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cobra 6 Actual

Yep, "Battleship Gray" would look great on that cabinet. I have one of those old gray military desks out in the garage ... Might have to bring it out and clean it up. As an aside, in the "old days" of the mid-1960's you could count on there being two objects in the desk's drawers: a shoe shine kit and a bottle of whiskey!