Please share your lifelike mannequins

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erwin and Maza, more people said the same about this head...it looks like Charlie Sheen.

If I finish my next head of this model I use Charlie's face as reference for the skin color to see how it looks. :)

I post the head without the helmet, so you can see it better.

Eric, it is important to find what works best for you, I don't like enamel paint, but a lot of other painters make some great work with that paint!

I would definitly start on an old head. The best tip I can give is, take time and don't rush. Use some different paints to see what fits you the most.

Thanks for your compliments on my work, and post the one if you are ready please :)

Jacqueline

post-158059-0-85868200-1449745810.jpg

www.mannequinstylist.com

Awesome work again Jacqueline! Jacqueline painted a mannequin head for me and her work is absolutely amazing and worth every euro/dollar. She makes sure the head is EXACTLY how you want it

As ''Trailblazers'' let us blaze a trail that will go down in the annals of history!

Always looking for WW2 70th ID items!

Awesome work again Jacqueline! Jacqueline painted a mannequin head for me and her work is absolutely amazing and worth every euro/dollar. She makes sure the head is EXACTLY how you want it

Hi Kevin, Thank you so much! I'm happy to hear you liked your head. Looking forward to see him in his uniform! :lol:

But we defenitely keep in touch.

b0bbeL, did you already see kevins head? I did not post it yet :P

I leave the honor to Kevin, it is his mannequin. Thank you for your compliments :)

Jacqueline

www.mannequinstylist.com

Erwin and Maza, more people said the same about this head...it looks like Charlie Sheen.

If I finish my next head of this model I use Charlie's face as reference for the skin color to see how it looks. :)

I post the head without the helmet, so you can see it better.

Eric, it is important to find what works best for you, I don't like enamel paint, but a lot of other painters make some great work with that paint!

I would definitly start on an old head. The best tip I can give is, take time and don't rush. Use some different paints to see what fits you the most.

Thanks for your compliments on my work, and post the one if you are ready please :)

Jacqueline

Nice work, this guy reminds me of Ernes Borgnine the actor.

Mitch

SFC Ruiz M

Ordnance ARMY

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all and a Happy New Year! still on time I guess.

Kevin he looks amazing in his uniform!! I was waiting for this picture! :D

Mitch, Erwin, B0bbeL thanks for you comments, I hope to post some more soon!!

Here is a pic of the face I painted for Kevin.

post-158059-0-23619900-1452209452.jpg

www.mannequinstylist.com

Paul, the mannequin is far from done so you guys need to wait for a while. When it's done I'll defenitely show you guys!

As ''Trailblazers'' let us blaze a trail that will go down in the annals of history!

Always looking for WW2 70th ID items!

• 3 weeks later...

Jacqueline, my attention span is about 3.5 seconds, but I looked at every single one of your works of art. Are you self taught? Your eye for flesh tones, shading ,eye color

FANTASTIC!

DO YOU SELL YOUR WORK?

"The tree of Liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots"

Hi 57Medic, It's great to hear you stayed longer in this topic and see al the heads. I feel honored and thank you for the compliments.

Yes, all is self taught, I Always draw and painted faces for as long I can remember. My previous work was makeup artist and SPFX work.

I'm obsessed by faces, I study skin colors from real people and save them in my head for my paintwork :rolleyes:

Yes I do sell work on request or if I had the time to paint one of my own mannequins. But most times collectors and museums send the mannequin

or head to me for a repaint or glass eyes.

I hope to launch my own lifelike heads this year, because so many people asked after I made just one. It's a challange but fun! :D

Jacqueline

www.mannequinstylist.com

Wow they all look great!! Please keep them posting

Hi Thijs,

I will try to post some more, thank you.

Do you have mannequins? please don't forget to share them.

I'm Always impressed by all your collections of uniforms, helmets etc :D

Jacqueline

www.mannequinstylist.com

• 1 month later...

Hi To All!

First of All, my compliments & more for your exceptional work Jacqueline...I discovered that thread recently and decided to register here just to express my admiration for your work in which we really recognize a feminine touch, pretty rare in that "men's world of militaria"

Collector but also painter myself for some years now, I especially appreciate your painting job as I know precisely what it represents and I saw many "home made" mannequins customizations but none of them reach that level....a real great & mastered inspirational job!!!

So, New on this forum, I would like to add modestly my own experience and share here some of my "Customannequins"

As Jacqueline, I use only brushes of all kind & all size (but no airbrush) and enamel Humbrol paint but only 4 colours (black, white, red and flesh). As also mentioned by Jacqueline and because the "ready to use" skin colours are never right, I make my own skin tones colours with a mix of the 4 bases colours that I apply in thin layers and finish the job with a dull varnish.

628671Customatos2.jpg

...On the other hand, I paint the eyes and don't use glass eyes even if I must admit that they are "unbeatable" an make a lot in the final lifelike rendering.

Whatever it looks, my painting job is not so realistic (in any case less than the Jacqueline painting) but much more "theatrical" as I don't want to copy the reality but try to give human expression by forcing the features of standard shop mannequins of all kind (Hindsgaul, John Nissen, Rootstein, Kyoyo, H.Boodt, PatinaV, Pintus & C°...)

Here is a kind of "Tuto" showing 8 different steps of my painting job realise on a vintage H.Jung/Kyoyo mannequin who speaks better than long speech...

(Photos taken outside with natural light)

868476Customannequinprocess1.jpg

751022Customannequinprocess2.jpg

for a final "before...

421978Customannequinprocess7.jpg

& After!

251071Customannequinprocess8.jpg

Closez-up details...as they are usually painted to become "soldiers", I add small marks ans scratches to give them a "combat" look but they could be "clean" also...just depends of their final displaying as per the requests of the owner of the mannequins when he order the painting...

949259Customannequinprocess9.jpg

(this one has losing his eyelashes but have recovered them since...)

To match the forum, here is a "D.Day 82nd US Airborne" customized mannequin (a "Junior" Hindsgaul base)

55328582ndUSAirborne3.jpg

24175382ndUSAirborne2.jpg

...I have more than 50 others Custommannequins that I painted to show you but few of them are US representations...so I don't dare to post them here... :unsure:

Best to All!

Thierry