Please share your lifelike mannequins

Hi Etienne,

That is not so bad, not all people have the same skincolor. Yours have a tan....so what :D

Besides, you will learn from mistakes even more, but again, I don't think it's that bad do you?

Best regards, Jacqueline

Yeah Etienne, they got those tans because they're always Topside, in the sun, and the whipping wind ;)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jacqueline,

They do carry weight, no problem. In fact they require quite some handywork to make them take the position you want. The only thing they need is support standing up, but even then you can always let the mannequin take a leaning position. Jasper's mannequins are really strong, I asked him the same question before buying one, and a full set of equipment is no problem. I've tested it, and it's true. As with other mannequins, they will however not carry more heavy weights humans could. But they are stronger and more stabile than you would think. Not sure if the same is true for other, cheaper flexible mannequins. This one is all hand made. I bought the mannequin to take a sitting position, and I'm really happy with the result.

Cheers,

Ken

donation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

"The battle belonged that morning to the thin wet line of khaki that dragged itself ashore on the channel coast of France." - General Omar Bradley.

Etienne, I wouldn't say it if I didn't meant it, but your mannequins look real good.

I like the skintone! And we can't see your imperfections ;)

Did you paint them from head to toe? It is a lot of work I know.

Hello Jacqueline,

I painted only head, chest, hands and forearms ... but I had to modify the faces with putty. Here is the face of the 1st one before modification, during then after ... I did the same for the other.

102_4046.jpg102_4038.jpg102_4039.jpg102_4045.jpg

Regards, E

Collecting USMC AEF 1917-18 & PTO 1941-45, US Navy PTO 1941-45.

Most seeked items : USMC dog tags from 1915 to 1945, USN corpsman dog tags and other identified items, USN id'd M1 helmets.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Hi all,

Etienne, that is actually some very nice work on the mannequin. You really added character to it. I think it is very nicely done!

Jacqueline, indeed, it is a Euro-mannequin. I have worked with af few of that brand. Quality seems to vary. That one was a very nice one, nice detail in the face and great pose.

Regards,

Stijn

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Hi All,

Thank you Ken, many ask me for different poses. I can tell them about this one. I do change poses but it is a lot of work and takes time...this is much easier.

Etienne, now I understand why it was a lot of work, but very well done! Looks like your work was worth it. :)

Stijn, I had no problems with Eurodisplay yet but maybe I was lucky ;)

WaA257 nice mannequin! is it an old Hindsgaul?

Greetz

Jacqueline

www.mannequinstylist.com

Jacqueline, I haven't a clue what make it is. I actually found it on a trash pile while I was on patrol one day! LOL

Are you kidding me? wow, I never find these things on a trash pile! :o LOL

But it looks a lot like an old Hindsgaul, your so lucky! :D

He has a great face.

Regards,

Jacqueline

www.mannequinstylist.com

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is WOW. Jacqueline, you are extremely talented! Very very awesome work. Nice displays, everyone. I am currently missing a few pieces of equipment, but will eventually display my uniforms and equipment on a mannequin.

US Army 3rd ID 2nd BCT OIF 2003 Marne Sapper

All I can say is WOW. Jacqueline, you are extremely talented! Very very awesome work. Nice displays, everyone. I am currently missing a few pieces of equipment, but will eventually display my uniforms and equipment on a mannequin.

Thank you for the compliment! If you are ready with your mannequin please show us ok! :D

@Maza, so great you like the thread, although you generally don't like mannequins. :) that is a compliment for all of us that do like mannequins.....thanks

@Erwin, yes I think your mannequin is the same ;)

Jacqueline

www.mannequinstylist.com

amazing...love the work

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the great comments on my work, I appriciate it very much.

If you like my work you can also like my facebook page, I always put my latest work there. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/stylistmannequin

Now it's time to put another mannequin overhere don't you think!

Here is a before and after wax head, I hope you like it.

Jacqueline

post-158059-0-42967400-1443136260.jpg

post-158059-0-31105800-1443136334.jpg

www.mannequinstylist.com

• 1 month later...

WOW, well that last one and the Hindsgaul repaint In post 119 are the types I'm looking for.

This to give you an idea.

Great work again!

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

I know exactly what you mean ;)

Just finished one of my own mannequins but,.......... he is comming up for sale!

I have to make some new pictures, this time from the complete mannequin.

Jacqueline

www.mannequinstylist.com