SUPER COOL "V" for Victory Lighted sign

AverageJoeWWII

AverageJoeWWII

For those not on the Facebook page, here is what I picked up the other day. To me Best of all is the lighted "V" for Victory sign. The decal says "Remember Pearl Harbor" and it still lights up. Any ideas on how to save/preserve the decal from deteriorating any more ??? The WWI document from the French Gov't is cool also... The Culver uniform jacket is named and posted in the uniform section. Trying to track down the owner but no luck ...all help appreciated.... Comments welcome

post-39781-0-26701200-1436637836.jpg

post-39781-0-14202100-1436637837.jpg

post-39781-0-72036300-1436637837.jpg

post-39781-0-32883200-1436637838.jpg

WOW! That is perhaps the best Victory, or Homefront item that I have seen in a long time! That would be the jewel of any collection!

I would make sure that wherever you display it, there is no direct sunlight on it. Also, it is somewhat self destructive, because the fluorescent lights will also cause the decal to fade. I would hang it away from any windows, and only turn it on for very brief moments.

Very very cool indeed! If you ever decide to part with it, I think you can tell who would like to have it!

AverageJoeWWII

Thanks Morlok....I had several inquires on it already... but for now I think I will keep it. Funny thing ..the guy I got it from was practically begging me to take it off his hands....Had to post post a pic of it lighted....VERY COOL !!!!!

post-39781-0-23052400-1436639047.jpg

Very cool indeed! That is just a great piece all around. The kind of thing that you bring out & hang in the window on the 4th & Memorial Day! Good find...Glad it went to a good home & not some kids dorm room!

AverageJoeWWII

Thinking I will go to my framer and see if I can get some special UV protection glass cut in the shape of "V" that I can put over it...

That is a fantastic item. Guns, knives, medals and uniforms are great but that victory sign really brings it all home. I wish they made reproductions of those. I also like the big green box. Are there any markings on that?

I had a chance to buy one of those lights in an antique shop about 20 years ago....I was just starting my electrical apprenticeship and the $80 price tag seemed like a whole lot of money....I've regretted not buying it....Bodes

• 9 months later...

Love the V-light! I have plugged mine in and it works, although I'm a little bit afraid to leave it on because the wiring is so old. Mine doesn't have a sticker on it though. They are pretty cool looking.