Rare original ARVN helmet

Luxembourg

I was able to get this helmet from a forum member. It is one of the few original ARVN helmets that exist.

Scott Stevens had this one in his hands for a complete inspection.

I didn't know how rare these ARVN helmet actually are, I realized this after I bought it!

Alex

post-104836-0-88108700-1436547854.jpg

post-104836-0-29578700-1436547859.jpg

dave peifer

alex........that is one great helmet and yes these are rare.to have one you know is real is extremely rare............dave

blitzkrieg gsd

I really like your lid and congrats on adding one of these to your collection. If you can give us some back ground info or link that explains this helmet I would like to see that also n

That's one of the coolest helmets I ever saw.

I agree with you!

ARVN helmets look so cool, please post more photos.

Yes I'll do more photos.

I really like your lid and congrats on adding one of these to your collection. If you can give us some back ground info or link that explains this helmet I would like to see that also n

Sadly there are no background informations, except that it came from items from an advisor. But there's no way to confirm that.

Thank you for your comments! I enjoyed reading them!

Alex

• 4 months later...

99% of these you see look (to me) like they were painted yesterday (and probably were).

This one is just super and has "the look"

Great helmet.

99% of these you see look (to me) like they were painted yesterday (and probably were).

Great helmet.

I agree, most of the ARVN helmets you see for sale these days are current reproductions / post war repros, probably over 90% of them are not originals

one of the signs is they seem to make too many of the same style of ARVN helmet, a sign they are making a repro or a copy of a copy.

Great helmet.

Thank you! I agree with you! You rarely see an original.

Alex