Short vacation trip

As most of us do, I was foraging a little on a short vacation trip we took to Hot Springs, Ark. The most interesting items might be the 11th Airborne NCO open mess coffee pot and cup, made in Bavaria, so I would date them from the 50's. The Dress Blues are nice too. I am going to try to gently remove he orange paint from the helmet, could not pass it up for the price.

Henry

post-2722-0-17138700-1436545346.jpg

Collecting and learning since 1970

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

Life Member, Disabled American Veterans
Member Dorsey-Liberty Post 14, American Legion

from the photo the orange paint on the pilots helmet was professionally applied and it appears to be missing the visor. The orange may be painted in the squadron color. It may be hard to research but I thing I would research a little before I stripped it. Nice finds.

from the photo the orange paint on the pilots helmet was professionally applied and it appears to be missing the visor. The orange may be painted in the squadron color. It may be hard to research but I thing I would research a little before I stripped it. Nice finds.

I think the painting was done at some point after it's military use. the oxygen mask receivers were removed before the orange was sprayed on. The gray was applied before the orange. I have a feeling it had been an unused shell that was reworked by the USAF for later use. In came in a 73 dated bag.

Collecting and learning since 1970

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

Life Member, Disabled American Veterans
Member Dorsey-Liberty Post 14, American Legion

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.