Please help identify this fourragere

tankerman

I received the class A uniform of a VN era dog handler. He was with the 35IPSD, 2nd Inf. Brigade, 1st Inf. Div. 1966-67 VN

Over the left sleeve is a fourragere that appears to be gold/yellow or gold/white...a bit faded so .hard to tell if yellow or white. Does anybody recognize this ?

Not able to post pics at this time.

Has blue Inf. cord over rt. sleeve and green tabs on epaulets with "beercan" 2nd. Brigade.

Thanks for any asssitance

Could it be the early RVN Cross of Gallantry unit award "rope?" This was worn before the familiar gold-bordered ribbon bar was used.

I have been told that this "gold/yellow"fourragere represented at that time (mid 1960's) being on active duty. Anybody else know aqbout this?

Not a chance. We really need an image. The only "ropes"in the 1960's were the Infantry distinctive item, various ones for aides, some foreign awards and some honor guard and band items.

Thanks ATB...Will work next week on a photo....I'm leaning towards foreign award.

Thanks for your input..much appreciated.

airborne1968

There are units of the 1st ID that have a green and yellow French fourragere. The green and yellow fourragere is the forth award of the French fourragere. Most people are familiar with the green and red version but the yellow is the higher award because the unit has earned more of them. However, a pic would be nice to confirm this. Tom