"Spurs" for sky knights..

BlueBookGuy

BlueBookGuy

Just got a input from another Forum member who asked about F-104 pilots' "spurs", so I'll post some pics of them - taken after removing definitely from a pilot of mine.

Not more than a bit worn, but without the least true scratch or dent. The "legendary" flight item worn by US or European F-104 pilots, of course the ones who sat on the Lockheed-built C-2 ejection seat.

Restraint cables stay within the cockpit attached to seat, will be connected by inserting their "heads" into the slotted rear spurs themselves. A reeled device will assure a degree of necessary mobility for the feet on the pedals, but instantly will pull back them and pilot's feet in order to keep them locked and clear of plane's windshield frame wich could, if not, cause severe leg damages.

here when still on the pilot. Flight boot is Italian-made from the late '50s, the winter version with much inside fleece lining:

post-151851-0-73549200-1436365392.jpg

BlueBookGuy

made in lightweight aluminum alloy, and available in two-straps variant (F-104A/C/G) and one-strap variant (TR-1 and SR-71 airplanes).

Will search for the Part Number within the USAF inventory.

Attached are photos of the restraints from a group of items received from a retired Col. USAF. These are made of steel and have a chrome finish.........

made in lightweight aluminum alloy, and available in two-straps variant (F-104A/C/G) and one-strap variant (TR-1 and SR-71 airplanes).

Will search for the Part Number within the USAF inventory.

.......guess I had better do a better job of "attaching"...............

Attached are photos of the restraints from a group of items received from a retired Col. USAF. These are made of steel and have a chrome finish.........

post-4098-0-48694100-1436372141.jpg

post-4098-0-02262400-1436372152.jpg

BlueBookGuy

wow, the first ones chromed I see... too much interesting.

And so the different buckle design. Thanks for sharing!