Direct Embroidered Khaki Shirt

Retired

Here is a short sleeve khaki shirt that I have had for probably 20 years. I don't know anything about the original owner but I thought that it was kind of unique. All of the insignia except for the cut edge Ranger tab is direct embroidered.

post-264-1217788652.jpg

Here is a short sleeve khaki shirt that I have had for probably 20 years. I don't know anything about the original owner but I thought that it was kind of unique. All of the insignia except for the cut edge Ranger tab is direct embroidered.

A view of the tailor's label. Probably obtained in Thailand while on R&R.

post-264-1217788792.jpg

A view of the tailor's label. Probably obtained in Thailand while on R&R.

A closeup of the direct embroidered insignia on the left side.

post-264-1217788905.jpg

CNY Militaria

That insignia is really sharp! Direct embroidery on shirts really makes them stand out, thanks for showing.

Justin

Very nice example, especially with the maker's label.

I had a couple in my collection, but they are hard to find with this many insignia on them.

The practical side of this is you could pull the shirt off the rack in the morning without having to pin the insignia on it.

The practical side of this is you could pull the shirt off the rack in the morning without having to pin the insignia on it.

Bonjour,

Particulary useful "The day after" a booze party at the officer mess! :D

Very nice shirt, Beogam has a very close shirt made by a thai hotel tailor with BDQ qualification badge!

Cheers

Valery

vintageproductions

The photo is a little dark for me but isn't that tailor tag a Vietnamese tailor? Plus the hand embroidery looks a lot more Viet then it does Thai.

The photo is a little dark for me but isn't that tailor tag a Vietnamese tailor? Plus the hand embroidery looks a lot more Viet then it does Thai.

The tailor's tag says: NHA MAY TAILOR'S

HONG BANG or perhaps KONG BANG

43/6 PHAM. H. THAI G.D.

I assumed that THAI would be Thailand.

Dallas

vintageproductions

I could be wrong but that really looks more Viet then Thai. Thai tailor tags usually look a lot different. While most Viet tailor tags look just like the one in your shirt.

I could be wrong but that really looks more Viet then Thai. Thai tailor tags usually look a lot different. While most Viet tailor tags look just like the one in your shirt.

The accent markings look Vietnamese. Thai tailor shops catering to US personnel also often had their tags with an English name for the shop.

I'd also agree the embroidery looks more typical of Vietnam. I agree with Bob on this one.

In any case, it's a nice item. I don't suppose we are lucky enough to have the owner's name stamped anywhere on the inside?

316th FS 324th FG

Nha May means tailor in Vietnamese. Also, the diacritical marks (accents, etc.) indicate it is Vietnamese. The street is Pham Hong Thai St. There are several in Vietnam, including in Saigon and Hoi An. I am trying to remember what the G.D. stands for.

D

nguoi tien su

It is Vietnamese. GD stands for Gia Dinh, a north-eastern part of Saigon, it used to be separate.

Nice shirt !

NTS