Reenactment groups in Mississippi?

PFC Red

Hey there!

I will be moving to Southern Mississippi soon...does anyone know of reenactment groups (U.S.) located there?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Where in Southern Miss. Are you close to Vicksburg? There was a great group located in Monroe, La. Across the river from Vicksburg about an hour or so drive. I also think there are some around Gulfport/Biloxi. There is a Militaria Show in Biloxi twice a year....in the Spring then again in the fall. There are always re-enactors there.

Good luck.

Ronnie

Where in Southern Miss. Are you close to Vicksburg? There was a great group located in Monroe, La. Across the river from Vicksburg about an hour or so drive. I also think there are some around Gulfport/Biloxi. There is a Militaria Show in Biloxi twice a year....in the Spring then again in the fall. There are always re-enactors there.

Good luck.

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie, thanks! I will be located in Hattiesburg.

The gulf coast would be much closer thank Vicksburg, but for reenactment one is always ready to do his share of travelling, ha ha!

I've tried searching the net for reenactment groups in Miss. but to no avail. Do you know what their group is called?

• 10 months later...

Sorry pfcred I guess I forgot about this thread.

I don't know any specific clubs but I have a friend named Doug Mansfield who has a museum and is a big history buff. Look him up. He lives in Biloxi I think. Great guy.

Ronnie

Hey PFC Red, I don't know if you've found a group or not, but a handful of us in the Alabama area are starting a small group as an Air Corps Forward Air Control unit, and a side-impression as 41st Armored Infantry Regiment (attached to the 2nd AD). We're actually spread all over the country, but we come together for one big event in September every year, the Remembering WWII event in Linden, TN. Well worth coming to. You're welcome to hang with us if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I am not aware of any groups myself, but Doug Mansfield Runs a great little museum that i volunteer at called the GI Museum. It is in Ocean Springs, come by some time and we will give you a tour.

Sorry, I haven't accessed to the forum for a while! Thanks for all the info. Living in Hattiesburg, next time I pass by in Biloxi I'll check the museum out for sure. Sounds interesting!

@Crasher: wow, this really sounds interesting to me. I will PM you!

the museum is in Ocean Springs Mississippi. It has a website, if you need hours or the address just ask.