WW2 Museum New Orleans

tdogchristy90

tdogchristy90

So Finally,

I'll be visiting the World War Two museum in New Orleans. I've wanted to do this for awhile and while this will be a wonderful father/son trip both my dad and I see it as a possible "job search" trip for possible work when I finish my Master program next year.

I'm definitely excited, this time period is my bread and butter within history. My only concern is my ability to control myself in the gift shop lol.

For anyone else that has been to the museum, have any opinions on the museum, anything I have to do while there? (Not that I won't be doing it all anyway) what do y'all think?

268th C.A.

Hello, The Museum is worth the visit, But make sure you visit the Confederate museum just across the street. Most people over look it. It was the first Civil War museum in the country started in 1890 I believe. There are tons of original uniforms & gear that were given to the museum by the veterans who where then still living at the time. Its excellent. My trip was solely for the D-Day museum. I actually enjoyed the latter better. As I have seen collected & played with so much WW2 stuff. Enjoy it all. Get a day pass for the trolley & ride it north & south from one end to the other all day. The aquarium is ok, nothing spectacular. Bourbon Street is what it is, the are some historic homes there, Tip put your wallet in your front pocket. Its harder to take, watch your purses too. Stay on the main road at night......eat at the ACME oyster bar its great. Have fun & enjoy. :)

5thwingmarty

The movie Tom Hanks did for the museum's theater is supposed to be great. I think they have a restaurant that has a WWII London motif as well now.