Show off your collection

Hillbilly1918

Here is a close-up.

post-70-1218391008.jpg

I agree. Any reason and you gave me one. Engineers probably liked the long bayonet to probe with. Picture saved to my Militaria files. Thanks much

Glad I could help! ;) Speaking of probing with blades, here are some pictures I hope you'll enjoy. The first one was taken in Europe; the other two in Iwo Jima (Marines).

post-70-1218414917.jpg

post-70-1218415025.jpg

post-70-1218415053.jpg

This drawer holds most of my USGI folding knives, including the MIL-K, engineer, Colonial Jiant Jacknife, and other miscellaneous types.

post-68-1218300631.jpg

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Very nice all you guys have nice collections. Charlie what is the blue swithblade?

Charlie Flick
Charlie what is the blue switchblade?

Doc:

Sorry for the delay in response. I had not been checking the thread and did not realize you had asked the question. The blue switchblade is an Edgemaster. It is not military but I stuck it in there with the other automatic knives for lack of a better place to put it.

LtRGFrank, you have some nice blades there, too. Those EG Waterman blades are always easy to pick out in a crowd.

Here is another drawer of blades, these being variations on the Jet Pilot knives. There are some 5" and 6" Camillus examples, a Marbles, Ontario and a MilPar. After 30 years of looking around for blades I have yet to run across the elusive Utica Jet Pilot knife. One of these days.....

Charlie

P5120087.JPG

Thanks Charlie

I just wondered if there was ever a blue jump knife.

Nice pilot knives, your collection does not seem to have an end.

Doc:

Sorry for the delay in response. I had not been checking the thread and did not realize you had asked the question. The blue switchblade is an Edgemaster. It is not military but I stuck it in there with the other automatic knives for lack of a better place to put it.

LtRGFrank, you have some nice blades there, too. Those EG Waterman blades are always easy to pick out in a crowd.

Here is another drawer of blades, these being variations on the Jet Pilot knives. There are some 5" and 6" Camillus examples, a Marbles, Ontario and a MilPar. After 30 years of looking around for blades I have yet to run across the elusive Utica Jet Pilot knife. One of these days.....

Charlie

post-68-1218765434.jpg

very nice collection much props.. what is your oldest dated?

Hey gunbarrel,

Thanks for the welcome and kind words. I've been lurking in the shadows here for a while. I had a couple of photos easily available so decided to put them up.

Bill

Thats a heckuva lot of M-9's you have there.

How many variants do they make?

Those are just the LanCays. I also have just as many or more Phrobis, Bucks, foreign copies and prototypes. All told I probably have over 250 M9s.

Well, this is my first post here and I figured this would be a good place to get started...

I began collecting bayonets and rifles with the intent to stick primarily to all the major nations involved in WWII. At some point I started focusing primarily on US bayonets, and lately I've started to delve more into the AK-47 bayonets. Here's my display of the U.S. bayonets I have collected so far. The spikes are on the same board out of convenience mostly. I don't have enough British bayonets to warrant their own board, and I don't have enough US bayonets to facilitate the need to scoot the Brits out of this board yet.

post-4012-1220068924.jpg

Spathologist

It's nice seeing these long bayonets. I've had to talk myself out of buying a couple probably a hundred times.

They're long enough to be swords...kinda...right? :)

Since I moved from my large room upstairs to give young Gary a better place to live, I have moved my collection into the small bedroom he occupied. This has meant that I have had to put most of my blades in drawers similar to what Charlie and Bill have done. Fortunately I have a cabinet that my father built for me shortly before he passed away that can hold quite a few of them.

I display the bayonets that are "primary" to the 20th Century from my book on a board.

B2.jpg

Most of the other bayonets and knives are in the cabinet just below the display.

Model 1905:

1905s.jpg

Model 1892 "Krag":

Krags.jpg

1910/1917 Bolos:

BoloD.jpg

I have a few socket bayonets that are on the board where I display the few firearms I still have:

Sockets.jpg

Very nice collection, Gary! Love the cabinet, too. I have a bench in the garage that my Dad built before he passed away, and I wouldn't sell it for anything.

Simply impressive and outstanding Gary!

That drawer full of 1905's is awesome.

Is that a frog on the one Krag?

That one is a chromed Cadet model, and the leather part is a garrison belt adapter.

12-11.jpg

If you want more information on the bayonet, I described it at:

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/bayo_points_12.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I only have two or so new additions from my last post here, but I figured I'd post this anyway on account of how happy I am with me Buck + USMC trials M-9. As you can see, I have a couple new Brits in the mix as well, and all of them have been moved to a larger board. One of these days the Brits will be segregated... I promise.

I also hoped this might spark some more interest for other collectors to post their pics. I always love seeing other peoples collections and how they have chosen to display them.

post-4012-1228249448.jpg

• 2 weeks later...