Mystery tabs and patch: Bayonet's Finest / Powder Horn w scroll

ZeroAlpha

My dad passed away a couple of years ago, and I've finally started consolidating and sorting through his old patch collection. I know or have discovered unit identity on the majority of his patches, but there are two which still elude me. One is a tab entitled "Bayonet's Finest". Doing web searches, I've seen references to it, and saw a full color version that was apparently sold a couple of years ago. This one is subdued. The other patch is a blue and red scroll with a white powder horn on the face of the scroll. Now that I think of it, I'm also wondering about the color scheme of the Air Assault tab. It seems unusual. If anybody knows anything about these, I'd be glad to hear from you. Thanks!

post-151300-0-64263700-1436020286.jpg

post-151300-0-93061900-1436020397.jpg

The scroll patch is the 182nd Regimental Combat Team. The Air Assault tab goes to the 11th Airborne Division patch when it was Air Assault in the early 1960's.

-Ski

firefighter

Yes, AIR ASSAULT was used over the 11th Div patch.It was know as the 11th Air Assault(TEST).It developed the helicopter assault and became the 1st Air Cav Div.If you watched 'We Were Soldiers' that was their unit.

firefighter

Holy smokes!!! I can't believe I missed the Jungle Expert patch.Can we please get a better scan of the front and back? It looks theater made.

My Dad was in Korea late 50's, and that's about when he transitioned from Infantry to MP. This might be his, but I'll have to research some of his old photos:

post-151300-0-34346700-1436227155.jpg

Don't know about where the jungle expert patch was made. Most of these patches were acquired by my father back in the 60's and 70's when I was a child. He was in the 537th Military Police Company, and patrolled the German autobahn between Mannheim and Heidelberg in the early 1960's, so I have the Highway Patrol patch, DUI's and a hand painted steel clipboard with that design. I think the US Army Highway Patrol was officially dissolved a couple of years earlier, but it's possible that the MP Co. members retained the insignia. I even have / had a tiny satin jacket with that emblem on the back somewhere in my parents' house.

post-151300-0-73716900-1436243585.jpg

I applaud your commitment to keep your father's memory alive through his military experiences and his unique insignia. Its sad so many stories get lost with time so good work in not letting that happen.