39th Troop Carrier Squadron Distintive Insignia WW II?

GeneralLucas

GeneralLucas

I found three if the DIs at a flea market today with so many other AAF items that I need to list them in the Groupings section. This DI is not in Massaro's book but the Patent number is 2066969 which was Patented in 1937. Anyway, many WW II AAF items were in the grouping. Please give me your take on this DI. Thanks...

post-1658-0-87072200-1435788046.jpg

I would say WW2 era or just post-ww2 (pat. on roller locker is from 1937 but probably used much longer) but not really a "DI"in my eyes... more of a sweetheart or souvenir pin.

lots of guys probably still wore them on caps etc..

still great!!

-Brian

GeneralLucas

Thanks for the info on the catch, I did not think of that. Now to date the DI. When Massaro passed away, so much information was lost. He lived in Austin and I in Dallas, I have one AAF DI that we worked on for years and never could ID it. His book is wonderful with his 1991 supplement to it.

Thanks for the info on the catch, I did not think of that. Now to date the DI. When Massaro passed away, so much information was lost. He lived in Austin and I in Dallas, I have one AAF DI that we worked on for years and never could ID it. His book is wonderful with his 1991 supplement to it.

Hi,

Any chance of some pics of that unknown DI? I'm always interested in seeing AAF DIs!

Regards

Mike

GeneralLucas

Mike, Here you go with the DI that no one could ID it, Massaro ran it in his section of DIs in the Trading Post with no results. By the way I contacted the 39th TC Association and they indicated that DI could have been worn during the war years.

post-1658-0-55063000-1436229299.jpg

• 5 years later...