Looking to do reading on old military medical practices and such. Any recommendations?

Littleguy

Hello Everyone. I'm interested in doing reading on anything pertaining to medicine and surgery in the military. Trauma treatments and guides on in-field surgery would be amazing, if they exist. Anything from the Vietnam era down is what I'm looking for. Anyone here have any recommendations for me? Anything that would be worth buying?

Thank you!

tdogchristy90

hello, when you say Vietnam down, do you mean Vietnam and earlier? iE ww2, ww1? If so...

I'd highly recommend "Medical War: British medical practices during ww1" by Mark Harrison. I read it for my graduate program last semester, it starts off slow but once you get into it, it's a great book in wartime medical advancement.

I have a stack of medical journals/publications from a WW2 Navy doctor.These were published monthy and sent out by the Navy Department.There arearticles on lots of subjects from diseases to wounds.

Check with Ben Major at www.med-dept.com he or Alain would be alot of help and also you should find the site interesting. Also there is a series of books published by the Office of the Surgeon General United States Army titled Medical Department of the United States Army. They have a number of volumes covering almost every topic you can imagine. At least 17 volumes.

Anything Vietnam down, from all of the previous wars and eras, including the revolutionary war.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I'll be looking into them today.