E.O.D. class A's viet nam and korea vet

brad k

I got these yesterday from a guy cleaning out his fathers house, they weren't from his family so he has no idea who the guy was, they were in a b4 bag. the decked out one is dated '67 and the other one is dated '57 he was going to give them to me but I gave him a 12 pack of hienekin, what is the foreign badge on the right? I would guess it's an EOD badge but from what country?post-195-1217696402.jpg

Bonjour,

As for myself, the right chest badge is the ROK EOD qualification insignia! It's a shame that his VN jungle jacket is not with the class A :(

Nice find,

Valery

I will give you a 24 crate of heineken beer for that uniform...I still have 2 crates in my back yard...wanna trade :lol:

Ya' know, for all the phoney put together dress uniforms that show up in this forum and on the net, it is nice to see one that not only is complete but makes sense and also tells the story of a unique career.

Our good Sergeant apparently had experience in Korea, Vietnam as well as the USA.

On the badged uniform both the USARV patch and the FORSCOM patces make sense, as these would be the level that non-division EOD personnel would have been assigned.

It would be interesting to know the details of this soldier's career.

thanks for the I.D. on the R.O.K. badge and comments, and appreciate the generous offer but it will stay in my collection. when he told me he had a couple of uniforms that he thought were viet nam era I figured they would be just modern class A's with nothing on them so it turned out alot better than I thought. I collect mostly ww1 and ww2 but have a couple of pretty good V.N. pieces I will try to post soon.

Nice score Brad thumbsup.gif .. Gee, with a name like smith it should not be to hard to trace him down :lol: . Cheers, Kev

good idea, there are alot of smith's in this area I'll start asking around.