Combats boots M43

Hello everyone,
sorry for my stupid question.

I saw that the M-43 combat boots may have been used after World War II.
What are the characteristics that make a difference with those of the second war ?

I have seen, for example, that the inside canvas can be white or green and I also noticed the presence of rivets or not.

In models definitely Second World War I saw the canvas are white and no rivets.

Is correct ???

Obviously where you can still see the stamps the problem does not exist !

I'm waiting for your replies.

Regards

Michele

I'm looking for anything of 88th Infantry Division "BLUE DEVILS"

My site on German dogtags : http://www.deutsche-erkennungsmarken.it

While the '43 boots remained standard issue after WWII, the enormous production during the war and the immediate drawdown of numbers in the Army of 1945 meant that the 43 boot was not in production after WWII. That is to say that in many years of collecting, I've never seen a pair dated post WWII. In 1949 the new brown "paratrooper" style boot was introduced which eventually retired the '43 boot.

Tom Bowers

I think WW2 era boots were dyed brown for issue after the war.

I know a fellow who went through Signal Corps OCS who had to spitshine his WW2 roughouts!

G

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hi to all,

thanks for your fast replies.

I'm informing to take a good pairs of boots for my new mannequin...and I found these on ebay.

Looks the date of costruction :if I read well is 1947 ... I started to have some doubts ...

I'm confused :-(

post-158996-0-85285500-1435677358.jpg

Hi to all,

thanks for your fast replies.

I'm informing to take a good pairs of boots for my new mannequin...and I found these on ebay.

Looks the date of costruction :if I read well is 1947 ... I started to have some doubts ...

I'm confused :-(

Yes, these were manufactured in 1947. Judging by the small size, they are also probably women's boots.

The Combat Service Boots (which were never called "M1943" by the Army) were the standard footwear from 1943-1947, so it's entirely possible that small numbers were produced in 1946-1947. In 1948, the Army adopted the lace-up Russet Combat Boots, based on the WWII Parachute Jumper Boots. Few of these were produced until the start of the Korean War, so the huge demand for boots after 1950 was filled with the large stocks of "buckle boots" the Army still had.

The early production Combat Service Boots had the rivets and some of these are actually Service Shoes converted with a cuff added. The OD or white lining in the cuff doesn't seem to indicate anything because I've seen early boots with both colors.

I think WW2 era boots were dyed brown for issue after the war.

I know a fellow who went through Signal Corps OCS who had to spitshine his WW2 roughouts!

G

WWII production boots were russet brown right from the start. There was supposedly a coating added post-WWII to make the roughout portion of the boots more water repellent and therefore easier to shine. Or are you referring to the boots being redyed black after 1956?

I've got a nice pair of 44 dated boots they seem to be coated with brown coating none of the rough out remains is it possible that these could have been used post war

Yes, that sounds like the coating that was applied after WWII.

Couple pair of boots I sourced from a local man who was in the guard post WW2 and retired in 1975

post-342-0-33616800-1435687843.jpg

post-342-0-99909000-1435687845.jpg

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Yes, these were manufactured in 1947. Judging by the small size, they are also probably women's boots.

The Combat Service Boots (which were never called "M1943" by the Army) were the standard footwear from 1943-1947, so it's entirely possible that small numbers were produced in 1946-1947. In 1948, the Army adopted the lace-up Russet Combat Boots, based on the WWII Parachute Jumper Boots. Few of these were produced until the start of the Korean War, so the huge demand for boots after 1950 was filled with the large stocks of "buckle boots" the Army still had.

The early production Combat Service Boots had the rivets and some of these are actually Service Shoes converted with a cuff added. The OD or white lining in the cuff doesn't seem to indicate anything because I've seen early boots with both colors.

Thanks B229 !

I learned so many things ... now looking for a nice pair of Combats Service Boots :-)

Regards

Michele

Two pair of boots that came in a small group to a Colonel.When the Army went from the old "Brown Shoe Army" to black many dyed the boots black to wear.Here are black two buckle boots and a set of Corcorans dyed black as well.The two buckles have the rivit as well and this is said to be an early boot feature.

post-342-0-72912400-1435688293.jpg

post-342-0-75989300-1435688305.jpg

post-342-0-89333400-1435688314.jpg

post-342-0-60063900-1435688322.jpg

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

WWII production boots were russet brown right from the start. There was supposedly a coating added post-WWII to make the roughout portion of the boots more water repellent and therefore easier to shine. Or are you referring to the boots being redyed black after 1956?

No, I did mean brown.

BTW, if someone wants them, I have such a pair of redyed double buckles available -- never worn, and size 15EEE! PM me if interestd.

G

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif