M5 3" is finished, and been desplayed.....

I got the 3" back and have displayed all 3 cannons a couple times. This most fun one was a Boy Scout Camp O ree where I hauled kids in my WC63 for over 5 hours. I burned over 25 gallons of gas......

post-2597-0-92726300-1435628456.jpg

post-2597-0-99388600-1435628578.jpg

Very nice! And really like the WC-63 too--the appropriate truck for towing that 57.

Well done. Keep 'em rolling,

John A-G

tankdriver

Very nice! And really like the WC-63 too--the appropriate truck for towing that 57.

Well done. Keep 'em rolling,

John A-G

Thanks, I had the 57mm for a few years before I found a WC63 that was a running motorpool ready truck, It's a truck that was overseas as Norway used it up to the early 90's. So it has a real WW2 history.

blitzkrieg gsd

Very cool toys you have there I have to say I like them all a lot. Thanks for spending time with those kids and showing them some real history. Without you they would have never had a chance to see something like that up close much less get a ride. You may have created a few future members of our hobby in the future. By the way what do the folks think that live across the street from where the big guns are pointed. Don't know how well that would go over in my neighborhood these days. But I bet no body ever thinks about doing any crimes close by your house ha ha.

tankdriver

Very cool toys you have there I have to say I like them all a lot. Thanks for spending time with those kids and showing them some real history. Without you they would have never had a chance to see something like that up close much less get a ride. You may have created a few future members of our hobby in the future. By the way what do the folks think that live across the street from where the big guns are pointed. Don't know how well that would go over in my neighborhood these days. But I bet no body ever thinks about doing any crimes close by your house ha ha.

I truly hope so. Went to the MVPA convention, and was noticing that the average age there was in their 60's. IF we do not get some young people in this hobby, all our toys will be sold as scrap, and that will end it all. I hope everybody will contact their local Boy Scouts and offer their services.

I see you are in Louisville. Do you know Jon Shoop and the 14th group up there? One of their Stuarts used to be mine......

blitzkrieg gsd

Yea it's,very cool that you spend time with the kids. No I don't know Jon I'm not really into the armor scene. But I would like to meet them and see there toys. I may have seen them out at the knob creek machine gun shoot. They have a few pieces out there every year.

tankdriver

Yea it's,very cool that you spend time with the kids. No I don't know Jon I'm not really into the armor scene. But I would like to meet them and see there toys. I may have seen them out at the knob creek machine gun shoot. They have a few pieces out there every year.

They had all 5 Stuarts last year when the MVPA had it's convention in Louisville.

Jon is a nice guy.

• 6 years later...
whiskydown

That's a fantastic collection of ATGs.

Can you post an update on what events you've been doing, how the general public responds to them, and please share more photos!

Thanks!