DDay - Bulge Trunk(s) Grouping - Amazing Stuff!

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

Thank fellas. I'd consider this my most significant pickup to date, and doubtful I will be able to top it. There are some papers, maps, etc, I have yet to go through, I will take more pics of them when i get the chance. He really took great care of these items, its pretty amazing. The TR visor hat looks like it just came out of the shop. The breast eagles were tied up neatly and stored in a plastic bag, All the medals and smalls were in various boxes for protection. There are several more unpatched uniform pieces as well. All in immaculate shape.

sgtdorango

Bazinga!...this guy was a serious souveneer hunter!!....our kind of guy and a once and a lifetime find.....mike

Excellent grouping of a great soldier.

I was curious too, how did you find it?

I am not looking for exact details, just a general idea would be interesting.

BigDogMilitaria

I set up at a small local flea market, hoping to buy walk in stuff. I pass out a LOT of business cards. The guy I got it from somehow ended up with one. He was moving, and had been the caretaker for years. He was going out of State and didnt want to store it any longer. Needless to say, i about lost my breath when he opened them up for me.

Government Issue

What's the camo bag? Looks to be field made out of HBT camo material. Here's a guy who brought home everything but Hitler and the only thing I'm interested in is the US camo bag :lol:

I will say that the gentleman did have some great taste when it came to plundering Fritz's finest!

• 2 weeks later...
Nine O Nine

Wow! That has to be the best grouping I have ever seen. I have a signed copy of this gentlemans book which is one of my all time favourites. I never thought I'd get to see any of his personal possessions. I'm a medic and a A D-Day collector so to me this is a real holy Grail you're a lucky man congratulations:)

USCapturephotos

What a super grouping and the kind I dream of finding. I especially love the 78th Division too. Thanks for sharing!

Paul