DDay - Bulge Trunk(s) Grouping - Amazing Stuff!

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

Well, this grouping took me by surprise.. Needless to say, I was simply astounded when I received it and went thru it. It is obviously heavy on the bringbacks, which was fun for me to go through as I usually stick with U.S. This gentleman had an amazing Military career. He started out in Navigator school for the Air Corps, was pulled for the Invasion of Europe, trained as a medic, landed with the 29th on D-Day, was eventually shot, returned to action with the 78th for the Bulge as a rifleman, and finally ended up as an MP for the Occupation of Germany. There are collar discs for all 4 in the trunk.

There is some ephemera, maps and other things I have yet to go through. The last thing the family member told me was, "oh yeh, he wrote a book". I hope you guys enjoy, my only request is you not use his name or make a full reference to the book in question so it can stay off the search engines.

Enjoy!

post-52765-0-78489000-1435613918.jpg

post-52765-0-48411600-1435613919.jpg

Wow, what a find, that's a time capsule. I read that book, he was an interesting guy.

Congratulations.

Just noticed your avatar is the same as the book. I think this takes the cake for the most bring backs by one person!

An amazing group! Even more amazing that it has stayed together all these years. Congratulations.

Mike