Need advice on shipping a M151 from IN to PA

MattS

A Vietnam vet of mine is in failing health and is moving near Lancaster, PA, to be near family. He has a M151 Jeep in central Indiana near New Castle that he wants shipped to PA. Any ideas on who to call? Thanks!

doinworkinvans

I shipped a dodge M37 from CA to NC and I contacted some local used car dealers who go to auctions and ship cars and they got me in contact with a few people and I called until I found someone to do it.

doinworkinvans

Also, what saved me a little money was I found someone who was headed this direction already with another vehicle. that way they may give you a break on shipping if they have another reason to head somewhere.

As noted you can find companies that arrange for someone who is heading to the destination anyway to drive the vehicle, but I'm not sure you'd want them driving an historic vehicle all that distance.

I've shipped a car from North Carolina to Michigan and the guy only charged me $300. Like Daniel said if you can get it on a truck that is already going in the same direction or has destinations in the same area, that will save you $$$. That's what I did.

Go to the G503 web site. They have a thread concerning "Transportation".Guy's looking to move a MV and guy's willing to do it.

Nice site,lots of good people and plenty of info on MVs.

I've shipped a car from North Carolina to Michigan and the guy only charged me $300. Like Daniel said if you can get it on a truck that is already going in the same direction or has destinations in the same area, that will save you $$$. That's what I did.

Yep

Best way to do it.Can run $300-$500 just depends.

There are companies who specialize in this.Had a guy I know who drove all over the country f picking up and delivering motorcycles to dealers and private buyers.

G503 is a great site and you may find something as well on craigs list for people for hire.