My favorite picture from DDay 71years Normandy

RobbyMB

i want to share my favorite picture from my last trip to Normandy. It was the 6th of June at 5a.m that i and some of my friend were walking from the town to the beach. When we got there the sun was still set and and was very quiet. Then at around 6a.m when the first little top of the sun came looking over the see we placed small wooden crosses in the sea. It was very special seing the sun rise at this place and the waves taking our crosses into the sea. Never had this feeling in my life (maybe it sound stupid but also when you got there all geared up added sometihng) below are 2 pictures from that morning. (if more pictures are liked i can upload more from that week)

Thanks

post-107115-0-31120800-1435525102.jpg

post-107115-0-48747200-1435525103.jpg

blitzkrieg gsd

Pretty cool pictures I have to say. I know what you mean I to have had feeling like that in special places. Hope one day I can make the trip there myself.

Awesome pictures.

Felt the same at Gettysburg early in the morning and at the Little Big Horn

I was at the little Big Horn very late in the day.The sun was setting,the silence was deafing,the long shadows were beginning to walk and dance across the prairie.There was a gentle breeze and the tall grass whispered.

If you havent been there the area is very open and a feeling washes over you I cant describle.It is with me to this day.